Mobileread
send comments to Appentice Alf
#1  kcarscadden 11-24-2020, 06:42 PM
Does anyone know how to send comments to Apprentice Alf? He has made available a new version, which only partly works for me, and I would like to send comments to him. It doesn't appear that I can comment on his Wordpress entries and I don't know how to comment on Github.

#2  JSWolf 11-24-2020, 08:37 PM
Quote kcarscadden
Does anyone know how to send comments to Apprentice Alf? He has made available a new version, which only partly works for me, and I would like to send comments to him. It doesn't appear that I can comment on his Wordpress entries and I don't know how to comment on Github.
You have to go read the comments to find out what to do to make the plugin work.

#3  kcarscadden 11-25-2020, 12:06 AM
Oops, I am an idiot.

While I may have installed it right in so far as Calibre is concerned, I didn't actually install it right, since I installed it on a system that doesn't have Kindle - I just tranferred the downloaded books from the system they were downloaded on and so of cource deDRM couldn't find the key.

When I actually exported the key from the system with Kindle (with calibre 4.23 and v6.8) and imported it to the system with Calibre 5.5 and v7.0.0, then it actually worked.

So JSWolf, while your reply didn't actually 'help', it of course helped in that it made me go back and check stuff, to find my stupid error. So thanks!

#4  pdurrant 11-25-2020, 04:51 AM
Comments at Alf's blog seem to get replies, most often from the marvellous Laura.

#5  Quoth 11-25-2020, 09:46 AM
You need to create a free Github account to comment on Github.

#6  kcarscadden 11-25-2020, 09:53 AM
Thanks pdurrant, Quoth.

I doubt he wants success from everyone so now I don't have anything to report. I am glad your comments didn't come until after I had corrected my stupid mistake.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register