Mobileread
Weird line of 'negative' pixels in Forma screen
#1  mbovenka 10-29-2020, 11:27 AM
I'm having an odd issue with my Forma. It developed a line of, for lack of a better word, negative pixels going down the screen. At first I thought it was a line of 'stuck on' pixels, as it's most clearly visible when the background is dark, but it's not as simple as that.

When looking at a mix of dark and light backgrounds, it looks like the pixels are reversed: light on a dark background, and dark on a light one.

See the attachment.

It's best visible on a dark background, when it's a clear line of bright pixels going down the entire screen.

Anybody have any idea what the problem might be?
IMG_20201029_144241-cropped.jpg 

#2  JSWolf 10-29-2020, 11:31 AM
It's most likely a screen controller issue. I suggest contacting Kobo.

#3  mbovenka 10-29-2020, 11:40 AM
Quote JSWolf
It's most likely a screen controller issue. I suggest contacting Kobo.
That's what I'm afraid of, yes. A screen refresh removes the dark bits, but not the light ones, and a complete bright line is visible for a fraction of a second in the 'flash-to-dark' of the refresh

#4  JSWolf 10-29-2020, 11:49 AM
Quote mbovenka
That's what I'm afraid of, yes. A screen refresh removes the dark bits, but not the light ones, and a complete bright line is visible for a fraction of a second in the 'flash-to-dark' of the refresh
I had a screen controller problem with my old Sony Reader PRS-505. I had a line on the scree and eventually, it stopped working.

#5  NiLuJe 10-29-2020, 03:16 PM
Possibly as "benign" as a badly seated flex connector. But, yeah, better contact CS if it's under warranty.

#6  joedoe 11-21-2020, 06:23 AM
i had the same issue, originally one 1 vertical and 1 horizontal line, now i got 2 vertical line

see my thread

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=334690

very obviously in black picture.

#7  quentinRetro 11-27-2020, 01:29 AM
screen damage. It happened to my two auro ones and one forma.I really like Kobo over Kindle, but the quality is not good,

#8  petercreasey 11-27-2020, 10:59 AM
Quote quentinRetro
the quality is not good,
Your summary judgement on just a few personal experiences is unfounded... and most people would say, inaccurate.

#9  JSWolf 11-28-2020, 08:43 PM
Quote quentinRetro
screen damage. It happened to my two auro ones and one forma.I really like Kobo over Kindle, but the quality is not good,
I've seen plenty of photos o Kindles with problems on the screen (not a broken screen). I had a Sony Reader PRS-505 have a screen controller problem and eventually, half the screen stopped working.

Things happen sometimes.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register