Mobileread
Aura Keep "invert screen" after power off
#11  davidfor 11-07-2020, 03:28 AM
Quote gonzule
I read every 24 hours (every night) and my reader will turn off after just a couple of hours. I have tried using the extended power menu option to make it be 24 hours and 1 minute, but that mod doesnt behave properly when you use a smart cover, so as soon as i close the cover on my aura, it will randomly shut down after a couple of hours and i have to turn it on again the next night.
With that reading pattern, setting the power off to 24 hours and 1 minute doesn't make sense. Assuming you read for 1 hour every night, that means 23 hours between reading sessions. That means that you will never hit the 24 hours of idle time required to turn the device of. If this is really your reading pattern, it would make sense to set the power off to a short time. You know that when you finish reading, you are not touching the device for another 23ish hours, so having it power off quickly should achieve the best overall battery life.

The only way I can see 24 hours + 1 minute as a useful power off time is if you know that when you miss the reading session, you will probably miss the next, or next few. That might make sense as it means the device wakes quickly for your "normal" session, but powers off if something prevents you from reading each day.

#12  gonzule 11-09-2020, 08:40 AM
Quote davidfor
With that reading pattern, setting the power off to 24 hours and 1 minute doesn't make sense. Assuming you read for 1 hour every night, that means 23 hours between reading sessions. That means that you will never hit the 24 hours of idle time required to turn the device of. If this is really your reading pattern, it would make sense to set the power off to a short time. You know that when you finish reading, you are not touching the device for another 23ish hours, so having it power off quickly should achieve the best overall battery life.

The only way I can see 24 hours + 1 minute as a useful power off time is if you know that when you miss the reading session, you will probably miss the next, or next few. That might make sense as it means the device wakes quickly for your "normal" session, but powers off if something prevents you from reading each day.

Yeah, i know about the 24hours + 1 minutes might not be enough. But even if i configure my reader to power off after those 24h+1m, the moment i close the smart cover, that setting gets disregarded and the reader decides to shut itself down at any moment in time. So even if i pick it up the next morning, it will have already been powered off. When reading about this feature and looking at a discussion on github about it, it seems that the smart cover tends to cause this effect.

#13  gonzule 11-09-2020, 08:41 AM
Quote Ripplinger
Is there some reason you can't just set the power off option to never? That would solve your problem.
i never really thought about this, will give it a try, but apparently the smart cover messes up the custom power off times, so it might not work (cant remember if NEVER is a default option or not).

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register