Mobileread
Libra Image size in Kobo ebooks
#21  NuclearWinter 10-22-2020, 08:54 PM
Sorry, I was editing the post to respond to that.

#22  JSWolf 10-22-2020, 10:02 PM
Did you sync any of these eBooks to your Kobo? Was ADE used to download any of there eBooks?

#23  NuclearWinter 10-22-2020, 10:15 PM
These books were downloaded directly from the Kobo store and integrated Overdrive, using the Kobo itself. They weren't transferred from PC.

#24  DNSB 10-23-2020, 12:26 AM
Quote NuclearWinter
For what it's worth, one of the other books with poor images (The Last Samurai) was from Overdrive, so I assume that one is epub.
If you synced it to your Kobo, it would be fulfilled by the Kobo store and be in kepub format. If you downloaded it using ADE, it would be in epub.

#25  NuclearWinter 10-23-2020, 12:55 AM
Quote DNSB
If you synced it to your Kobo, it would be fulfilled by the Kobo store and be in kepub format. If you downloaded it using ADE, it would be in epub.
Thanks, in that case it must be kepub.

#26  JSWolf 10-23-2020, 06:55 AM
I have The Way of the Kings. I'll convert it to KePub an load it on my H2O and see what happens.

#27  NuclearWinter 10-24-2020, 01:09 PM
So as a test, I got the epub version of The Last Samurai from Overdrive on my PC and put it on the Kobo using ADE. The image in the epub version displays much smaller than the bad kepub one, even smaller than the Kindle version in fact.

The slower page turns of the epub version are a little annoying though. I've been spoiled by how fast the Oasis 3 is.

#28  rashkae 10-26-2020, 06:50 PM
This is a big difference between Epub and Kobo Kepub handling of images.

Epubs display the images exactly as they are formatted in the document. so if you have a book that has images larger than your screen, but no css formatting to resize the image, it will extend past the boundaries of the screen.

Kepub, on the other hand, will re-format single images into a image viewing window, completely disregarding the book formatting. (Kindles will do something similar, automatically shrinking oversize images to fit to screen.)

The behaviour described here seems opposite of that, so I'm not too sure what exactly is causing the issue.

« First  « Prev   (3/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register