Mobileread
Forma Kobo Forma is losing power from full to empty overnight...
#11  compurandom 10-17-2020, 01:19 PM
Quote NiLuJe
That should only affect devices with an IR grid (e.g., the H2O), where, yeah, it's a bug ;p. I'd be *extremely* curious if you can reproduce that on a device with a capacitive grid instead (e.g., the Forma).
When I tried to reproduce it on the forma, I get the slide to unlock screen.
Possibly I could trigger it if I disabled that. But why would I want to re-enable a bug?

#12  james_ 10-19-2020, 02:27 PM
Before I bought a sleep cover for the Forma I used to power it on/off and now it is permanently either 'asleep' or 'on' it seems to make no noticable difference to power consumption. That is how you'd expect if it is just the page turns and backlight that eat up the power. I do like just being able to flip open the cover and start reading whenever I feel like it, it's not worth wrestling with the on/off button on this device!

#13  PeterT 10-19-2020, 03:19 PM
Not sure if this is applicable but just saw this in a tweet from Kobo

https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024580433-Fix-battery-and-charging-issues

#14  Lypa 10-21-2020, 12:22 PM
Quote Gadgetguy
Hello all,
Several times I have observed, that when I switch the unit on, the backlight comes on and it goes into "read" mode (and stays there with backlight on), even if I do not open the magnetic cover for a few minutes.
I don't know which magnetic cover you use but could it be it lost the magnet which makes the cover work properly?

#15  davidfor 10-21-2020, 09:11 PM
For the record, I reported this problem to Kobo. They have reproduced it with both the Forma and Libra H2O. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next firmware release.

#16  Maida 10-26-2020, 09:23 AM
I do not suppose it is a firmware error but rather a manufacturing fault. I also had a Forma draining overnight regardless what the settings were, and I never turn ereaders off. I returned it and bought another one without this failure and it works fine. So I suggest Gadgetguy to return his reader and buy another one.

#17  compurandom 10-26-2020, 10:17 AM
I think assuming it is a manufacturing fault and not a firmware error is premature without doing more diagnostics.

#18  Gadgetguy 10-26-2020, 02:35 PM
Quote Maida
I do not suppose it is a firmware error but rather a manufacturing fault. I also had a Forma draining overnight regardless what the settings were, and I never turn ereaders off. I returned it and bought another one without this failure and it works fine. So I suggest Gadgetguy to return his reader and buy another one.
Thank you for the input. There may be manufacturing defects, but after not powering the unit off all is good.

As far as I can see (on my unit) this is a software bug and the solution is not powering off...

#19  Gadgetguy 10-26-2020, 02:39 PM
Quote davidfor
For the record, I reported this problem to Kobo. They have reproduced it with both the Forma and Libra H2O. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next firmware release.
I have reported it as well. But my hopes are not too high considering the super crappy (customer) support they have.

But since following the recommendation I do not power off any more - as far as I am concerned all is good...

(But I will not talk about the light coming through on the right hand side, the rubber area that looks like crap, the fact that the page turn buttons are so hard to push that after a while my finger hurts etc... I understand these issues are "normal" with all the units and I am not happy about them...)

#20  Quoth 10-27-2020, 12:17 PM
The buttons really only click/push at the curved end. Then it's easy.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register