Mobileread
Hoopla on Kobo Device
#1  lifeinoleg 08-03-2020, 07:01 PM
Hello all, I'm a new member of this forum and have a Libra H2O coming my way soon. I know that there's Overdrive integration on the device, which is great because I use OD a lot, but I was wondering if anyone knows whether it's possible to use Hoopla as well?

The two services work differently -- I think Hoopla would require navigating to the site via web browser. Is that something that could be done with a Libra?

#2  JSWolf 08-03-2020, 08:26 PM
Quote lifeinoleg
Hello all, I'm a new member of this forum and have a Libra H2O coming my way soon. I know that there's Overdrive integration on the device, which is great because I use OD a lot, but I was wondering if anyone knows whether it's possible to use Hoopla as well?

The two services work differently -- I think Hoopla would require navigating to the site via web browser. Is that something that could be done with a Libra?
Maybe, but I would think that web browsing Hoopla would work very poorly. Audiobooks and video are right out.

#3  davidfor 08-03-2020, 09:55 PM
@lifeinoleg: What @JSWolf didn't actually say is that the Libra H2O, along with all other Kobo e-ink based ereaders, has no audio capability. Hence, you cannot listen to any sort of audio books. Video isn't going to be a good experience either as the device has a low CPU and the e-ink screens aren't designed for this. The device does have a browser, but, it isn't a full-featured browser, and is not suitable for many sites.

#4  lifeinoleg 08-04-2020, 12:01 AM
Thanks for the responses! Actually, Hoopla has ebooks and comic books, too. I was hoping it might work for those. No waiting lists on Hoopla and a pretty decent collection of classic science fiction.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register