Mobileread
Aura ONE Aura ONE availability
#1  Muttly 07-29-2020, 01:28 PM
Does anyone know what the current availability of the Aura ONE is?

#2  MGlitch 07-29-2020, 01:41 PM
Quote Muttly
Does anyone know what the current availability of the Aura ONE is?
kobo.com says:

This Kobo eReader is no longer available
So I'd suspect that the current availability it none, outside of refurbished or second hand units.

#3  ndriver 07-29-2020, 01:55 PM
Quote MGlitch
kobo.com says:

So I'd suspect that the current availability it none, outside of refurbished or second hand units.

Not entirely correct.

Since the beginning of this year, it became available again in many markets.

You can buy them from Kobo's websites, and nothing is mentioned about being refurbished units. So at the moment it is still available in Europe at least.

#4  Muttly 07-29-2020, 02:02 PM
Quote MGlitch
kobo.com says:

That is what I thought.

But when I went to the Kobo site, there it was available for sale. I quickly ordered one, and the order was accepted and acknowledged.

I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't a glitch and I would not get an email in a few days telling me it was a mistake.

I'm glad Kobo have come to their senses and decided to re-issue the 'ONE' (if that is what they have, indeed, done).

The ONE is such a beautiful format that I wonder why Amazon have left that niche in the market for Kobo. The Forma is OK but it is sufficiently wider than the ONE that it won't fit into some of the places I carry my ereader. I suspect that the same will apply to quite a few.

#5  karlnapf 07-29-2020, 02:34 PM
Sorry, on kobo.de it is not available. Where did you see it ?

But I found some on Amazon.de selled as "used as new", that is not bad......

#6  s4nder 07-29-2020, 02:51 PM
I ordered one from Amazon in Europe a few months ago. There were both new and refurbished options available, though the selection was limited.

#7  ndriver 07-29-2020, 02:53 PM
Quote karlnapf
Sorry, on kobo.de it is not available. Where did you see it ?
I stand corrected. It is available in some Kobo websites in Europe.

After a non exhaustive, quick look I see that is available for example in Italy,
Spain, Portugal and UK.
But on the other hand it is not available in Germany or Netherlands.

#8  MGlitch 07-29-2020, 03:40 PM
It’s not available for the US and I would guess Canada as US orders are shipped from Canada. That’s as new or refurbished.

#9  gilster 07-29-2020, 04:56 PM
Quote Muttly
The ONE is such a beautiful format that I wonder why Amazon have left that niche in the market for Kobo. The Forma is OK but it is sufficiently wider than the ONE that it won't fit into some of the places I carry my ereader. I suspect that the same will apply to quite a few.
I couldn't agree more. The ONE is a beautiful device, and I wish Kobo would keep its form factor out there while also supporting the Forma for those who prefer that particular shape, with buttons, etc.

#10  ps67 07-29-2020, 05:46 PM
Quote gilster
I couldn't agree more. The ONE is a beautiful device, and I wish Kobo would keep its form factor out there while also supporting the Forma for those who prefer that particular shape, with buttons, etc.
A new Aura One but more reactive and without the defect of the terrible precision of the touch

Next »  Last »  (1/5)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register