Mobileread
Calibre and Kobo
#1  Mysterio 06-10-2010, 02:58 PM
How do you get Calibre to recognize your Kobo? I am updated to 7.1. Whenever I try to copy my books to either the main memory or Card slot A it tells me that no device is connected. I have been using ADE but it doesn't distinguish between the main memory and the SD card. The only way I have found so far to copy my books to the SD card is through windows explorer.

Thanks in advance.

#2  Stinger 06-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Calibre SHOULD detect the Kobo without any modification or configuration from you.

When you plug it in, it takes Calibre a second (the Job icon will spin), and it should pop up as a device beside your 'Library' icon at the top.

#3  Mysterio 06-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Nope, I get nothing when I plug in the Kobo. Interesting because everything works as it should in ADE just not in Calibre. I have to add the ePubs from my Calibre library into ADE in order to get my books on the Kobo.

#4  timlegge 06-11-2010, 12:51 PM
Quote Mysterio
Nope, I get nothing when I plug in the Kobo. Interesting because everything works as it should in ADE just not in Calibre. I have to add the ePubs from my Calibre library into ADE in order to get my books on the Kobo.
Open preferences, look for the Kobo plugin and ensure that it is enabled.

If it is open a command prompt, cd to the directory where Calibre is install and run calibre-debug -g. Look that the output in the command prompt to see if any errors are reported

#5  Mysterio 06-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Works...thanks.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register