Mobileread
How and Where to Publish Your Ebooks
#131  Lemurion 01-26-2014, 06:07 PM
Quote VydorScope
Not true. I always start with an EPUB and later when I get around to it meat grind through the others. Never had a problem.
Sorry, I was unclear.

I meant that if you upload an EPUB you don't get any of the other formats until you upload a .doc file.

#132  VydorScope 01-26-2014, 06:09 PM
Quote Lemurion
Sorry, I was unclear.

I meant that if you upload an EPUB you don't get any of the other formats until you upload a .doc file.
Oh, that is correct. You also will not get a "sample" on their store until you do that. The EPUB is primarily for their distribution channels, which is 90% of the reason I am in their store to begin with.

#133  Humboldt Lake 01-26-2014, 08:10 PM
Interesting site.. I listed a first novel on Smashwords.
I looked up the BBB complaints on Smashwords. I noticed complaints , such as "I was owned 11.00 and received only 4.65..."

Uhh- that is 44.00 a YEAR in sales. Perhaps at 44.00 , one should consider an alternative career..

#134  Nell Harding 02-25-2016, 01:49 PM
Hello! I think this is a very valuable direction to explore, but I have to admit as an emerging writer, it can be overwhelming. There are so many formats, technologies, websites and social media sites to learn about, it can become quite a full-time job just to try to keep abreast of things. So if it can be simplified for humble writers, then I am sure that most of us would be keen to try....

#135  DrDln 03-28-2017, 01:47 PM
Publishing is really not that hard since Amazon, BN, SW got into publishing, especially eBooks. However, to get book selling even if it is good enough to sell at its own is hard part of publishing...

#136  toddhicks209 07-23-2017, 09:25 AM
I find Bookrix to be a good source for self-publishing.

« First  « Prev   (14/14)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register