Mobileread
marvin word count
#1  faz99 04-28-2019, 01:43 PM
hi all i have marvin 2 (red logo m) its a great reader but is their any way i can see total pages left in my story when reading similar to ipad version many thanks

does marvin 3 have this feature by any chance

#2  Turtle91 04-28-2019, 03:08 PM
oh, no....now you've gone and done it.....

You've started the "there are no 'pages' in ebooks" argument again!! AKA what is the 'best' way to count pages....? lolz

In answer to your question: Marvin 3 definitely has that option. You can choose between showing pages or % left, or already read, in either the chapter or the book. You need to go to EPUB book settings/Pagination Mode/Headers and Footers

I think Marvin 2 had it...sorry its been a couple years. I do remember there were some settings you needed to get to from the iPhone settings app....scroll down until you see Marvin.

#3  faz99 04-28-2019, 04:32 PM
lol didn't mean to upset the apple cart thank you for your kind and helpful response wont mention the word again

#4  Larla 06-15-2019, 09:44 AM
This works great in Marvin; however, be aware of this problem:

If you convert a MOBI book in Calibre to Epub and then read the Epub book in Marvin -- you will get ?? for the pages in book. Evidently native Epub books have some sort of page count or book size embedded in the Epub which allows Marvin to calculate pages in book and display them.

I guess MOBI books do not have this data embedded in the book and when Calibre converts the MOBI book to Epub this data is empty. And thus you get ?? in the Marvin status display.

#5  Valkrider 06-17-2019, 01:58 AM
Quote Larla
This works great in Marvin; however, be aware of this problem:

If you convert a MOBI book in Calibre to Epub and then read the Epub book in Marvin -- you will get ?? for the pages in book. Evidently native Epub books have some sort of page count or book size embedded in the Epub which allows Marvin to calculate pages in book and display them.
I don't have this problem in Marvin 3 with Mobi converted books it shows pages in chapter and % read fine.

#6  Larla 06-17-2019, 06:34 PM
Interesting -- I definitely had this problem in the past -- perhaps the MOBI version had a problem or perhaps a newer version of Calibre fixed this issue.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register