Mobileread
"Release for" in scroll mode
#1  legueil 04-03-2019, 03:53 AM
At the end of a chapter in vertical scroll mode where scolling stops, a black box at the bottom with the caption "Release for chapter x" appears. When I release, the next chapter appears, but the box does not disappear until I continue scrolling. I'm on iOS 12. In earlier iOS versions the box disappeared instantly after loading the new chapter.
I know, it's a minor issue, but is there a setting I don't know yet where I can change that behavior?

#2  Turtle91 04-03-2019, 07:36 PM
No setting to disable the box. I've already sent an email to the app creator about this.

I did find a work around though - instead of dragging up to go to the next chapter you can tap in the left edge of the screen and it will advance the page - if you are at the end of the chapter it advances to the next chapter without the box. You must have "Edge tapping" enabled in "EPUB Book Settings/Vertical Scrolling Mode/". This works with auto-scroll either off or on.

#3  legueil 04-04-2019, 06:50 AM
Quote Turtle91
instead of dragging up to go to the next chapter you can tap in the left edge of the screen and it will advance the page - if you are at the end of the chapter it advances to the next chapter without the box. You must have "Edge tapping" enabled in "EPUB Book Settings/Vertical Scrolling Mode/". This works with auto-scroll either off or on.
That's a good idea! I had "Edge tapping" turned off, but now there is a use for it. Thanks for sharing!

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register