Mobileread
where are my books on computer
#1  toliman3 12-26-2018, 07:44 AM
Hi all,

When I connect the Tolino HD4 to my Mac via USB, in spite of the fact that I have books on the e-reader, all folders (in particular Books and Downloads) are empty?

#2  rcentros 12-26-2018, 02:34 PM
Quote toliman3
Hi all,

When I connect the Tolino HD4 to my Mac via USB, in spite of the fact that I have books on the e-reader, all folders (in particular Books and Downloads) are empty?
In Linux I have to set my file manager to show hidden files. Once I've done that, I can go into the .tolino folder (dot at the beginning of the directory name signifies "hidden") and then look under the documents folder. I'm not sure how you show hidden directories on the Mac (on Linux Mint is just hitting Control+H).

Your side-loaded books should show up in the Books folder at the root directory, but I'm guessing you're looking for books you've bought online.

#3  toliman3 12-29-2018, 04:31 AM
Quote rcentros
In Linux I have to set my file manager to show hidden files. Once I've done that, I can go into the .tolino folder (dot at the beginning of the directory name signifies "hidden") and then look under the documents folder. I'm not sure how you show hidden directories on the Mac (on Linux Mint is just hitting Control+H).

Your side-loaded books should show up in the Books folder at the root directory, but I'm guessing you're looking for books you've bought online.
Thank you! Found it. Cheers, Bob.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register