Mobileread
Question about Audible Romance Package
#1  Catlady 09-14-2018, 09:17 AM
Are the books in the Audible Romance Package downloadable to a device, or streaming only?

I've been looking at the info at Audible, and they don't seem to say; they have instructions for adding titles to one's library on a device, but nary a word that I can find about downloading to a device.

If it's streaming only, I don't want to bother; if I can download, I figure I'll try the free first month to listen to a few titles. Thanks.

#2  issybird 09-14-2018, 09:23 AM
My guess is that you can download to their app, but not sideload to an MP3 player. Akin to Hoopla, for example.

#3  Catlady 09-14-2018, 09:38 AM
Quote issybird
My guess is that you can download to their app, but not sideload to an MP3 player. Akin to Hoopla, for example.
That's what I am hoping, that it's like Hoopla or the KU companion audiobooks. But I don't want to have to rely on streaming.

#4  CRussel 09-14-2018, 03:50 PM
Quote Catlady
Are the books in the Audible Romance Package downloadable to a device, or streaming only?

I've been looking at the info at Audible, and they don't seem to say; they have instructions for adding titles to one's library on a device, but nary a word that I can find about downloading to a device.

If it's streaming only, I don't want to bother; if I can download, I figure I'll try the free first month to listen to a few titles. Thanks.
From the Audible Romance description (accessed via "Account Details" -> "Audible Romance Package"):
Quote Audible

#5  tempest@de 09-14-2018, 04:39 PM
you can download them to several devices using the app. That's what I did when I tried it, I don't like to have the wifi always on. I only connected when I wanted to sync my reading position on the book when I switched from the phone to the tablet.

#6  Catlady 09-14-2018, 05:36 PM
Quote CRussel
From the Audible Romance description (accessed via "Account Details" -> "Audible Romance Package"):
Thanks. That is not a place I looked--indeed, I never would have considered looking there; I used the link from the listings at the bottom of the Audible home page, and I checked the help pages. Neither of those places gave me the info I wanted.

Quote tempest@de
you can download them to several devices using the app. That's what I did when I tried it, I don't like to have the wifi always on. I only connected when I wanted to sync my reading position on the book when I switched from the phone to the tablet.
Great, thanks. Like you, I don't want to have to use wifi--and I can't when I'm out and about, which is prime listening time.

I'm not a romance fan, but there are enough classics and historical sagas in the mix to make it worthwhile.

#7  tempest@de 09-17-2018, 07:23 AM
If you can, check before going out if the books plays with the wifi turned off, I had two books that only started if the wifi was on, after it had begun playing I could turn wifi off and it would play without problems, but it didn’t start unless I had the wifi on. Don´t know why it happened.

Now if I know I'm going out I open the scribd app and turn the wifi on, then open the book, push play and then I turn off the wifi, just to be safe.

#8  FizzyWater 09-17-2018, 08:16 PM
Quote tempest@de
If you can, check before going out if the books plays with the wifi turned off, I had two books that only started if the wifi was on, after it had begun playing I could turn wifi off and it would play without problems, but it didn’t start unless I had the wifi on. Don´t know why it happened.

Now if I know I'm going out I open the scribd app and turn the wifi on, then open the book, push play and then I turn off the wifi, just to be safe.
Do you remember if there was a gap in time between when you downloaded it and when you played it? I know for the Prime Videos that can be downloaded for offline watching, they require you to be connected to Wifi every so often. I suspect it's to check to see if that movie (or in your case, audiobook) is still in the program.

#9  tempest@de 09-18-2018, 06:58 AM
Quote FizzyWater
Do you remember if there was a gap in time between when you downloaded it and when you played it?
the last time it happened was this month, I downloaded it on the weekend and during the week had to go do errands and was counting on it, but I couldn't make it work, so I'd say it would have been 3 or 4 days in between

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register