Mobileread
Sharing library on Edge
#1  mket 02-05-2018, 11:52 AM
Hi,
I've read the forum and saw a few people mention they shared the Edge library between two devices.

I have two Entourage Edge (full) updated to latest Ermine (2.2.1), I moved the library (and other info) to SD card on both, but I can't share the library between them (i.e. if I switch the SD card the library from one doesn't work on the other).

Can anyone please share how they did it?

Is it possible just to migrate one library to another (with notes etc.), when I use backup on one it won't let me load it to the other.

appreciate any info

mket.

#2  mket 02-09-2018, 11:44 AM
ok, as I see no replies, is there a way to do a full nandroid backup?
I'm using PDFs, I don't care about DRM content etc. just want to be able to have a backup for the library (+annotations)

#3  obsessed2 02-09-2018, 07:18 PM
Try using the Local Backup App. I haven't tried it personally but it does have an option to Backup and Restore Library.

#4  mket 02-09-2018, 07:53 PM
Quote obsessed2
Try using the Local Backup App. I haven't tried it personally but it does have an option to Backup and Restore Library.
Hi, I'm aware of that but it's only for one device. Thing is there's plenty of things on the Edge which I wonder what will happen to if it died. Way too important for me to lose my notes.
How do I make sure that won't happen?
So I got another (actually another 2 so I won't mess the one with the content). But that's not exactly working because the backup tool only backups the library for a single device. I tried playing around with the database (I've searched this forum through and through) but that didn't work. The SD card swapping isn't working either.

I don't care about DRM content. Mostly PDF articles with notes etc.

A desktop tool would do the job as well (though I couldn't find any).
I just thought the simplest way was to migrate it to another one. If I can do a nandroid backup that would do as well.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

#5  obsessed2 02-10-2018, 03:52 PM
So if you backup your library to a USB drive for example using the Local Backup App it won't let you restore it to another eDge using the Local Backup App? It's an Android App and I have two eDges and will play with it later and let you know what I come up with.

#6  mket 02-10-2018, 06:06 PM
Quote obsessed2
So if you backup your library to a USB drive for example using the Local Backup App it won't let you restore it to another eDge using the Local Backup App? It's an Android App and I have two eDges and will play with it later and let you know what I come up with.
Exactly. Would highly appreciate that!

#7  obsessed2 02-10-2018, 08:12 PM
OK. So the Local Backup App will not allow you to restore it to another eDge.

My Library is on my full size eDge and I decided to try and move a few files over to my Pocket eDge and here is what I did.

I used a USB drive

- Open the Library

- Open All Content (I could have opened any folder but for the sake of simplicity...)

- Touch the Check Mark on top of the screen and check the files to export and press Export at bottom of the screen to export them to a USB drive

- Press Library at the top of screen and select Storage

- Press and hold USB and selected Unmount

- Plug USB into second eDge

- Open Library

- Press Library at top of the screen and select Storage

- Select USB

- Check the files you want on the eDge and press Add to Library at the bottom of the screen

- Don't forget to Unmount USB before removing

I copied 3 files from my eDge Library to my Pocket eDge Library including a PDF and hand written Journal which opened perfectly on the Pocket eDge. It looks like you may have to check the All Content Folder, press the Check mark at the top of the screen and then check all the files you want to export. If you have a lot of files you may want to export them incrementally.

#8  mket 02-11-2018, 06:32 AM
thx but it doesn't copy the annotations, only the PDF and I can do that much faster with simple copy paste.

I'm trying to backup all the remarks I made for the article, for all the articles (and there's l-o-t-s of them).

If it were only that simple......

#9  obsessed2 02-11-2018, 10:45 AM
I see. While not the best solution you could email them to yourself for safe keeping. I tested this by annotating a PDF and emailing it to myself. All annotations show up on the emailed PDF.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...pdf+annotation

Her are some other suggestions:

Someone may still have the program in this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...light=pdf+word

If someone has it please post a download link.

#10  mket 02-11-2018, 03:53 PM
I'll definitely try the e-mail thing, I'll update.
The other suggestions are annotations on the LCD, different app, so no good.
Already made my annotations on articles etc. (well over 100).

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register