Mobileread
Can I put the Audible Audiobook to My MP3 Player?
#1  Victoria Jones 12-04-2017, 02:30 AM
Hey Guys!
I have listened to my Audible Audiobooks on the website. I have ideas when I want to go out for running, I want to listen to my audiobooks on My MP3 player. Is there a way can I put the Audible Audiobooks to my MP3 player?

#2  darryl 12-04-2017, 03:14 AM
Short answer is no. More complicated answer is that it is possible if you want to remove the drm and convert to mp3, assuming of course that this is legal in your jurisdiction.

#3  Alohamora 12-04-2017, 06:56 AM
I thought there were still mp3 devices that you can officially side-load to via the PC app? But it's been years since I used that method.

I use a spare inactive cellphone with the Audible app as my portable player.

#4  booklover6 12-04-2017, 07:05 AM
Yes you can put the books on your mp3 player. IF you have a compatible mp3 player. The only one I have experience with is the Sansa Clip Zip and Clip Sport. You must use Audible Manager and download the books in "Format 4" from the Audible site. If you have a different mp3 player you will have to look at Audible and see if yours is compatible.

#5  FizzyWater 12-04-2017, 08:47 PM
There used to be a huge list of players that can play Audible audiobooks, but as people move to playing in apps via phones and tablets, that list has gotten much smaller. Did a quick Google search and got this:

http://audible.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5076/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNTEyNDM4MzQzL3NpZC9HU1FpWG96bg%3D% 3D

#6  Acataloger 12-05-2017, 05:35 PM
I spent some time with Audible.com tech support today solving problems downloading to my new SanDisk Clip Sport Plus. Turns out that this new model requires "Enhanced" instead of "Format 4" at the upper right side of the Audible library list screen. You still use Audible manager as booklover6 said.

#7  Victoria Jones 12-05-2017, 10:45 PM
Quote booklover6
Yes you can put the books on your mp3 player. IF you have a compatible mp3 player. The only one I have experience with is the Sansa Clip Zip and Clip Sport. You must use Audible Manager and download the books in "Format 4" from the Audible site. If you have a different mp3 player you will have to look at Audible and see if yours is compatible.
Thanks, but I didn't have a Sansa Clip Zip and Clip Sport MP3 player. And at the list of compatible MP3 player, I haven't found my MP3 player

#8  Victoria Jones 12-05-2017, 10:49 PM
Quote Acataloger
I spent some time with Audible.com tech support today solving problems downloading to my new SanDisk Clip Sport Plus. Turns out that this new model requires "Enhanced" instead of "Format 4" at the upper right side of the Audible library list screen. You still use Audible manager as booklover6 said.
I am so sad that I didn't have the SanDisk Clip Sport Plus, my iPod shuffle music player is so old.

#9  Victoria Jones 12-05-2017, 10:50 PM
Quote FizzyWater
There used to be a huge list of players that can play Audible audiobooks, but as people move to playing in apps via phones and tablets, that list has gotten much smaller. Did a quick Google search and got this:

http://audible.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5076/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNTEyNDM4MzQzL3NpZC9HU1FpWG96bg%3D% 3D
None of them is my music player.

#10  Victoria Jones 12-05-2017, 10:53 PM
Quote Alohamora
I thought there were still mp3 devices that you can officially side-load to via the PC app? But it's been years since I used that method.

I use a spare inactive cellphone with the Audible app as my portable player.
I just have a phone and my music player, without any other kinds of a spare cellphone. Oh, how foolish I am! I threw all my old phone! God!

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register