Mobileread
ABBYY Fine Reader
#11  famfam 01-07-2019, 10:47 AM
@doitso

Bingo. I tried the plugin 'spacer'.

auf deutsch:
Ich habe das plugin getestet, und finde das resultat ermutigend. Ich werde aber noch weiter testen. Finereader macht eben doch soviele unvorhersehbare Fehler beim ocr, dass auch das beste plugin nicht alles reparieren kann.

in english:
I have tested the plugin, and find the result encouraging. I will still test further. Finereader just makes so many unpredictable errors in the ocr that even the best plugin can not fix everything.

"the plugin will wrap all replaced words in <span> tags. ..."

Das und den folgenden Tip hab ich noch nicht getestet. Ich melde mich, sobald ich es verstanden oder falsch verstanden habe.

I have not tested this and the following tip. I'll contact you as soon as I understand or misunderstand it.

#12  famfam 05-25-2019, 05:38 AM
Bereichstyp Bild oder Hintergrundbild
Area type image or Background picture

When to choose which area type in finereader?

For what purpose is the area type Background picture intended?

The images will be used in epub (Kindle Paperwhite and Kobo Clara).

#13  Tex2002ans 05-25-2019, 06:32 AM
Quote famfam
When to choose which area type in finereader?
You only have to change the area type if Finereader chose it wrong automatically. These are pretty much the only 3 you're ever going to see:

If Finereader misses marking a box around some text, like a tricky header/footer or a caption, you can click on the Draw Recognition Area box and manually create your own:

Once you run OCR on that page, it'll automatically resize the box and convert into one of the above 3 types.

Quote famfam
For what purpose is the area type Background picture intended?
Probably when you have a transparent image behind the text or some sort of watermark.

I've never seen this in the wild or even work correctly, but I almost exclusively work on books + B&W. Maybe it's more prevalent in business documents and color.

#14  Notjohn 06-06-2019, 01:44 PM
Quote HarryT
I've just added another entry to the "OCR villains" page which wasn't there, and that's the misinterpretation of the letter pair "cl" as "d", so you end up with "clock" as "dock", "close" as "dose", etc. That's one I've come across a lot.
My third novel was about ski-bums, and when I scanned it through Finereader to a Word doc, the "m" was every time rendered as "rn", so that it became a book about ski-burns.

#15  DaleDe 06-06-2019, 02:10 PM
Quote Notjohn
My third novel was about ski-bums, and when I scanned it through Finereader to a Word doc, the "m" was every time rendered as "rn", so that it became a book about ski-burns.
Check the OCR villains@Wiki » in our wiki. Both rn and cl were there and several more.

Dale

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register