Mobileread
PRS-T1 T1 crashing/freezing? [PLEASE DISREGARD POLL]
#1  pssquirrel 10-10-2011, 01:36 PM
I posted this poll when the T1 first came out to try to get a handle on the crashing/freezing problems.

Since then (as of Dec 9, 2011), Sony has released a new firmware update (v 1.0.03.11140) to correct the crashes/freezes.

As such, the poll results are no longer relevant - please disregard poll.

You can get the new firmware here:

US for Mac & PC: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-home.pl?mdl=PRST1&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=do wnload#/downloadTab

UK for Windows: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/PRS-T1/downloads/PRST1_FW_PC_v1003_11140

UK for MAC: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/PRS-T1/downloads/PRST1_FW_MAC_v1003_11140

You can also update via the Reader for Mac/PC software by clicking the "Help" menu command then clicking "Check for Updates."

#2  wachuko 10-10-2011, 01:59 PM
Got mine last Friday (Oct 7). Connected to the Sony site, downloaded 4 books from the current books in my account, started reading 1 of the books and now on page 326.

No hiccups, no crashes, nothing... all working fine.
I have not connected the reader to the PC or MAC software.

Internal Memory 1.39GB of 1.41GB
No SD Card
Version 1.0.00.09010
WiFi configured and enabled

#3  krighton 10-10-2011, 02:02 PM
mine only seems to freeze (no touch) when i swipe a bit off and open a word to the dictionary, after that it's all downhill. Probably frozen 5 times so far in the last 2 days. I must be swiping wrong because every 3 or 4 swipes i open that stupid dictionary up.

#4  wachuko 10-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Quote krighton
mine only seems to freeze (no touch) when i swipe a bit off and open a word to the dictionary, after that it's all downhill. Probably frozen 5 times so far in the last 2 days.
Can you share some additional information like amount of free memory, version of the software, if you have SD card in place, WiFi enabled?

#5  log 10-10-2011, 02:23 PM
can you please make poll public if you're doing one like this so we can see who is trolling and who really has the device...

#6  twinszz 10-10-2011, 02:27 PM
I bought mine last night from Target and it froze twice when the pages went haywire. I first hit the power button, which took me to the main home screen, which was frozen as well. I then held the power button until the unit turned completely off. I immediately turned the T1 back on and it worked fine.

So, for the freezes with no solution, turn the unit completely off, then back on.

Sony needs to fix this issue.

For available space: blank

SD space: blank (no card inserted)

wifi: enabled

#7  krighton 10-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Quote wachuko
Can you share some additional information like amount of free memory, version of the software, if you have SD card in place, WiFi enabled?
8gb SD card (though i had a 2gb yesterday and it does the same thing) WIFI enabled
1.39gb of 1.41gb free
7.39gb of 7.41gb (sd)

Version 1.0.00.09010

#8  pssquirrel 10-10-2011, 02:54 PM
Quote log
can you please make poll public if you're doing one like this so we can see who is trolling and who really has the device...
How do I do this? When I went to "edit" it only let me edit the text of my first post, not the poll settings. (Sorry for my newbieness)

#9  Shopaholic 10-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Quote log
I don't see an overabundance of any one selection to even imply 'trolling' as you put it. Why would you suggest such a thing? I must be missing something but I don't personally see a need for that. Does it really matter?

#10  Extragooey 10-10-2011, 03:36 PM
No crashes at all for me. Had it since 10/6.

Next »  Last »  (1/37)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register