Mobileread
Removing bullets in lists
#1  momoha 11-06-2019, 01:36 AM
Hello,

Is there any way to remove the bullets/numbering in lists? The code « list-style-type: none; » doesn’t seem to be working.

I’m asking this mostly because I’d like to use my ePub3 nav.xhtml as table of contents when converting to mobi, but the numbering becomes visible which is obviously not acceptable.

Thanks for your help!

#2  Doitsu 11-06-2019, 03:04 AM
Quote momoha
Is there any way to remove the bullets/numbering in lists? The code « list-style-type: none; » doesn’t seem to be working.
Did you apply the style to the <ol> tag? The following style works for my NAV TOCs:

Code
 ol { list-style-type: none; }

#3  jhowell 11-06-2019, 04:53 AM
You wrote that you are converting to MOBI. Are you converting to the original MOBI format (what calibre calls "old" MOBI)?

If so then I don't think you can do what you want because of the limited ability to control HTML rendering in that format.

#4  momoha 11-13-2019, 12:46 AM
Quote jhowell
You wrote that you are converting to MOBI. Are you converting to the original MOBI format (what calibre calls "old" MOBI)?

If so then I don't think you can do what you want because of the limited ability to control HTML rendering in that format.
I'm not sure... I'm just converting my epub file through Kindlegen. But I'm open to change my method if it brings a solution to this problem... any information about this?

#5  jhowell 11-13-2019, 10:11 AM
Quote momoha
I'm not sure... I'm just converting my epub file through Kindlegen. But I'm open to change my method if it brings a solution to this problem... any information about this?
If you are converting using kindlegen then you are producing a Master MOBI. This has both the older MOBI7 and newer KF8 formats in a single file. Which of the two embedded formats is used depends on the device/app you use to view the file.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register