Mobileread
Minority Report and Jurassic Park
#1  Zire 06-06-2003, 03:02 PM
Hey,

Did not see Minority Report in the theatres but the book is great!!! Makes me want to see the movie.

I am currently reading Jurassic Park. Great book!!! The book is better then the movie.

#2  gvtexas 06-06-2003, 03:19 PM
I am currently reading Jurassic Park. Great book!!! The book is better then the movie.
Have you read Crichton's TIMELINE? One of my favs (being a medieval buff and all), and will be released in movie version this November. Based on the first trailer I've seen, it looks like the director thought "what book? you mean there's a book out on this screenplay?" Oh well...

#3  brahamt 06-06-2003, 04:51 PM
Since we are on books by Michael Crichton that have been made into movies, Disclosure was a much better book than movie (and Sphere for that matter).

JP was a better book too, but the movie was fun.

#4  Izaac 06-17-2003, 02:02 AM
hey visorprismman, I strongly recommend you see the Minority Report movie - its a very good representation of the book and well worth seeing. the tech aspects are very well handled and all very believable which makes the experience all the more plausable. Don't miss it - particularly on the big screen.

Cheers,
Izaac

#5  Zire 06-17-2003, 02:49 PM
I'll Do That

#6  vitalyb 09-14-2003, 06:17 PM
Sphere is an amazing book. It is a shame that the movie f***ed it so much.

#7  javabird 09-19-2003, 11:34 AM
I agree. Sphere is one of my favorite Crichton books. The movie didn't even come close.

#8  Colin Dunstan 09-19-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by javabird
I agree. Sphere is one of my favorite Crichton books. The movie didn't even come close.
The movie sucked!!! It was about as tense as an episode of Scooby Doo, and not even as well scripted. Which is a puzzle to me. It's directed by Barry Levinson, it stars famous actors (Dustin Hoffman, Sharon Stone, Samuel L. Jackson), and it's based on a book by Michael Crichton, a master of sci-fi writing. Sometimes I don't understand the Hollywood industry...

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register