Mobileread
Don't Bite the Hand That Feeds You Calibre
#1  pghaworth 12-06-2019, 09:01 PM
I love Calibre. I have loved it since I first discovered it years ago and I remain thankful for it every single day.

this is just a teeny reminder to those that are unhappy with one thing or another, please don't shout and stomp your feet. do what you can and then ask for help, nicely. Kovid has been right here all these years helping us every step of the way.

say thank you once in a while, and don't forget to "tip your server", Kovid. this is a lot of hard work and time.

I really appreciate everything Kovid does, in fact all the devs involved for the plugins, etc., and I do practice what I suggest.

(jmo)

#2  phossler 12-06-2019, 09:51 PM

#3  kovidgoyal 12-06-2019, 10:53 PM
You're welcome

#4  Horus68 12-07-2019, 05:40 AM
Be positive!

#5  peaceridge 12-07-2019, 08:39 AM
I'm also so appreciative that Calibre does all it does and that it continues to be free.

#6  pghaworth 12-07-2019, 09:01 AM
Quote peaceridge
I'm also so appreciative that Calibre does all it does and that it continues to be free.
that's the most amazing part of Calibre to me. it's been free all these years, with top notch support from all directions, dev and users. couldn't ask for better or more.

#7  Thasaidon 12-07-2019, 09:42 AM
The OP's post should be reposted from time to time to remind people how well off they are having Calibre.

It is Kovid's gift to us NOT an entitlement!

#8  pghaworth 12-07-2019, 09:52 AM
Quote Thasaidon
The OP's post should be reposted from time to time to remind people how well off they are having Calibre.

It is Kovid's gift to us NOT an entitlement!
thank you. very true. folks tend to forget what they have in Calibre.

personally, I am lost without it. when windoze took my pc down recently there were only two programs I was really worried about - Calibre, and my work software (notice which I listed first). I knew my library was safe due to backups, but was concerned about my settings.

a wonderful MR poster advised me how to restore my settings from my hard drive back up and I was beyond thankful. Calibre means the world to me. reading is my refuge and my home. it's where I really live and Calibre makes it easier on all fronts.

#9  Sirtel 12-07-2019, 09:53 AM
I agree. Calibre is the single most important program for me and there is no replacement for it, as there is for most everything else. It's really invaluable. My heartfelt thanks to Kovid and other developers.

#10  Apache 12-07-2019, 09:55 AM
A very nice post.
And Thank you Kovid.
Apache

Next »  Last »  (1/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register