Mobileread
PageEdit-0.9.6 Released
#1  DiapDealer 11-09-2019, 10:59 PM
PageEdit-0.9.6

PageEdit-0.9.6 is primarily a bug-fix release.

New Features

Bug Fixes

The binary downloads (and source) can be found as assets at the bottom of the PageEdit Github Release page.

#2  exaltedwombat 11-12-2019, 11:09 AM
Thank you.

Maybe worth mentioning that the Windows installer puts it in the Program Files folder, which may not be be where your earlier version was (and still will be), and may not be where your Sigil has been told to look for its preferred external editor.

#3  DiapDealer 11-12-2019, 12:38 PM
Quote exaltedwombat
Maybe worth mentioning that the Windows installer puts it in the Program Files folder, which may not be be where your earlier version was (and still will be), and may not be where your Sigil has been told to look for its preferred external editor.
Valid point. But the installer will also let you change the install location to wherever you put your earlier version (and where your Sigil has been told to look for its preferred external editor) if you so desire. The payload is the same bundle of files as before.

Note that the installer makes no registry changes (except for what the OS uses internally for the Add/Remove program feature), nor associates itself with any file types. And you can even opt out of adding any entries to the Start Menu, or adding a Desktop shortcut if you're so inclined.

#4  exaltedwombat 11-12-2019, 01:00 PM
I know it's against your religion :-) But wouldn't integrating it with Sigil actually be rather a good idea? Like Sibelius comes with 'shipping plugins'. They still ARE seperate plugins, but everyone gets them and they're automatically in the menu.

One of the loveable traits of Daniel Spreadbury, the Sibelius guru, was to steadfastly reply to a request with 'No, we have absolutely no plans to do that!' ... and then quietly do it in the next release.

OK, I'll get my coat...

#5  DiapDealer 11-12-2019, 02:29 PM
Quote exaltedwombat
I know it's against your religion :-) But wouldn't integrating it with Sigil actually be rather a good idea?
If you already know my opinion, then why on earth would you ask? The answer is: no. I think integrating PageEdit with Sigil is a horrible idea (for many reasons), and it's never going to happen in my tenure. The End.

#6  exaltedwombat 11-13-2019, 08:16 AM
Sure, leave the architecture as it is. But I'll have one more go at suggesting you fully integrate the installation. It's not like anyone's going to use any OTHER external editor! Or, if someone wants to, require HIM to change the Preference.

PE proved very useful yesterday. I OCRd an entire book, used the 'copy to clipboard' function in the OCR program and pasted it into Sigil in one go! Nice clean code, paragraph breaks survived... Thank you!

#7  DiapDealer 11-13-2019, 08:38 AM
Quote exaltedwombat
But I'll have one more go at suggesting you fully integrate the installation.
Have twenty more goes if you like. But my final "No" will have to suffice for them. I can't be any clearer and I have better things to do than repeating myself over and over. Please get it clear out of your head that I will be persuaded with time.

It's not like anyone's going to use any OTHER external editor!
You're all wet, there I'm afraid. There are plenty of people who prefer to use their favorite full-featured html editor in favor of Sigil's basic Code View editor. But keep pretending you have your finger on the pulse of how everyone else uses Sigil. It's amusing at least. I'm done here.

#8  exaltedwombat 11-13-2019, 12:41 PM
You can't tell when someone's paying you a compliment, can you? :-)

#9  DiapDealer 11-13-2019, 02:03 PM
Quote exaltedwombat
You can't tell when someone's paying you a compliment, can you? :-)
Sure I can. The last paragraph's flattery just wasn't enough to overcome the first one's annoying dead-horse-flogging. I'm not that easily to manipulate.

#10  exaltedwombat 11-13-2019, 04:41 PM
You did miss the compliment. 'No-one would want to use any OTHER....'. :-)

Next »  Last »  (1/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register