Mobileread
Language Selection Please
#1  BookCat 10-23-2019, 02:40 AM
It would be great if there was the option to select only English, or only German, or whatever, when looking for books in the library. Many of them, in particular the epubs, are in various languages.

I was recently searching for an epub of Dumas "The Count of Monte Cristo" but found only non-English books (nothing looked remotely Count-like). It would have been so useful if there had been a drop-down language selection box such as those found on manybooks and fadedpage.

I'm still without a Count! Despite having a kindle I prefer epubs for conversion to azw3.

#2  PeterT 10-23-2019, 09:21 PM
Does https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=54372 help?

#3  BookCat 10-24-2019, 03:26 AM
@PeterT Thank you so much for the link. I've already downloaded the book from Project Gutenberg; I just couldn't find it in the library. Yet more reason for a language filter, maybe.

#4  doubleshuffle 10-24-2019, 03:40 AM
I often find it easiest do do a web search and include mobileread in the search terms. Works pretty well for me:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=dumas+count+mobileread

#5  BookCat 10-24-2019, 06:40 AM
@doubleshuffle It's funny but I do that for things on other sites, such as arty stuff on wetcanvas.com. If I have a particular thing I want to know, I put the search terms in google, followed by the website address. For some odd reason I've never thought to do that for mobileread. Thanks.

#6  JSWolf 10-24-2019, 07:38 AM
But be careful. Most of the time Google results rom MR result in the mobile site.

I just wish the mobile site used the same address and based mobile on the browser like most other sites.

#7  DiapDealer 10-25-2019, 11:13 PM
Searching the epub subforum of the library for "the count of monte cristo" (no quotes) using the advanced search results in HarryT's English translation being in the top spot for me.

#8  j.p.s 11-04-2019, 04:25 PM
Quote JSWolf
But be careful. Most of the time Google results rom MR result in the mobile site.
Just change ".mobi" to ".com"

Problem solved.
Quote JSWolf
I just wish the mobile site used the same address and based mobile on the browser like most other sites.
I don't. Wikipedia does that and won't let me into the regular page unless I turn on javascript.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register