Mobileread
How to format all books comments (book details panel) ?
#1  Cyril Gabard 10-11-2019, 05:01 PM
Hi,

I'm a huge fan of Calibre. But i've got a problem :

I would like to justify all my books comments (book details panel) so they look the same. Is there a way to format (justify or else) all comments at one time (batch) ?

I cant find the stylesheet to work on ?

Thanks a lot, guys !

#2  kovidgoyal 10-11-2019, 10:54 PM
The stylesheet is in Preferences->Look & feel->bok details. But note that the book details pane suports only a subset of HTMLCSS https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/richtext-html-subset.html

#3  Cyril Gabard 10-12-2019, 06:11 AM
Thanks for your quick reply. So if i change attributes in the stylesheet is in Preferences->Look & feel->book details, all books details will change ?

#4  Cyril Gabard 10-12-2019, 06:23 AM
It doesn't work...

#5  KhorsKan 10-12-2019, 09:02 AM
@ Cyril Gabard : I have too much customization in the comments, I made a rollback in version 3.48 not to waste my time...

I hope that the HTMLCSS will be better supported in future versions...

#6  Cyril Gabard 10-12-2019, 12:11 PM
I hope so. Thanks for the reply.

Quote KhorsKan
@ Cyril Gabard : I have too much customization in the comments, I made a rollback in version 3.48 not to waste my time...

#7  DoctorOhh 10-12-2019, 01:01 PM
Quote Cyril Gabard
Quote KhorsKan
I hope so. Thanks for the reply.
Kovid pointed you to this link https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/richtext-html-subset.html to explain exactly what is supported in the QT text widget. If you want the QT text widget to support a larger subset of HTML then go to the QT group and ask them to expand it to support what you're looking to use. This is out of Kovid's hands. If you find something that should work that doesn't place a bug report with the QT group about their text widget.

Alternatively look through the list of what's supported and adjust accordingly.

#8  Terisa de morgan 10-12-2019, 01:18 PM
Quote DoctorOhh
Kovid pointed you to this link https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/richtext-html-subset.html to explain exactly what is supported in the QT text widget. If you want the QT text widget to support a larger subset of HTML then go to the QT group and ask them to expand it to support what you're looking to use. This is out of Kovid's hands. If you find something that should work that doesn't place a bug report with the QT group about their text widget.

Alternatively look through the list of what's supported and adjust accordingly.
Problem is, reading that list is OK, and I can adapt css (I do), but those changes are not reflected in the window (or I don't see how). And, additionally, how can I differentiate a paragraph from other in the comment view? Perhaps I cannot, but I would like to confirm it.

And, specially, where I can find examples? The page your are referring is OK but, without some example, it's not clear how to apply it.

And, additionally, if I add changes in the html view, why are they removed and the tags rewritten when I go to the normal view?

For example, I write the following text, which is right according with the page you're referring to:

Code
<p align="justify" style="text-indent: 0px">
Go to the normal view and, when I'm back I have:

Code
<p align="justify" style="text-indent: 10px">
That indent is in the css file, yes, but I'm changing it and the widget removes my changes.

#9  Cyril Gabard 10-12-2019, 05:37 PM
Same for me

Quote Terisa de morgan
Problem is, reading that list is OK, and I can adapt css (I do), but those changes are not reflected in the window (or I don't see how). And, additionally, how can I differentiate a paragraph from other in the comment view? Perhaps I cannot, but I would like to confirm it.

And, specially, where I can find examples? The page your are referring is OK but, without some example, it's not clear how to apply it.

And, additionally, if I add changes in the html view, why are they removed and the tags rewritten when I go to the normal view?

For example, I write the following text, which is right according with the page you're referring to:

Code
<p align="justify" style="text-indent: 0px">
Go to the normal view and, when I'm back I have:

Code
<p align="justify" style="text-indent: 10px">
That indent is in the css file, yes, but I'm changing it and the widget removes my changes.

#10  kovidgoyal 10-12-2019, 10:54 PM
Dont put inline styles in HTML. If you want to indent all paragraphs change the indent in the style sheet. with

Code
p { text-indent: 40px; margin: 20px }
And note that the above will not apply if you have indents and margins set in your comments HTML.

or whatever you like. Its just HTML and CSS you can find countless examples anywhere you like.

Next »  Last »  (1/4)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register