Mobileread
The 2019 Annual Reading Challenge Discussion Thread
#141  Timboli 10-17-2019, 10:29 AM
Quote Wearever
I just met my goal of 52 books read this year. I guess I will be a little over that for the year.
Excellent.

I was hoping to read at least 60, but around 70+ was what I have been aiming for, which I am currently looking good at meeting.

I've caught up with or got up to speed with a few reading ambitions this year, and I have already started listing next years in my head.

Something new, something old, and maybe something borrowed. Usually the something borrowed will be from my kids, maybe even my wife.

Currently I am reading something borrowed from my youngest son, the first book in The Witcher series.

#142  Wearever 10-17-2019, 05:39 PM
Quote pdurrant
Congratulations!
Thank you

#143  Wearever 10-17-2019, 05:47 PM
Quote astrangerhere
Well done!

I have surpassed my Goodreads goal, but am still working on my personal goals. I am creeping up on 70 books, but my page total is not where I want it yet.
Thanks for the inspiration by surpassing your goodreads goals as well.

#144  Wearever 10-17-2019, 05:51 PM
Quote Timboli
Excellent.

I was hoping to read at least 60, but around 70+ was what I have been aiming for, which I am currently looking good at meeting.

I've caught up with or got up to speed with a few reading ambitions this year, and I have already started listing next years in my head.

Something new, something old, and maybe something borrowed. Usually the something borrowed will be from my kids, maybe even my wife.

Currently I am reading something borrowed from my youngest son, the first book in The Witcher series.
Those sound like fun goals ! I should try something like that too.

#145  jbcohen 11-08-2019, 08:04 AM
Glad to see that so many of us have met or passed there goal line, with a little under two months to go in the year I am having a bad year. I am making a push to get past the one hundred book mark, something I typically do all the time, except this year I am having a lot of trouble. I do not expect to hit the goal lines this year and should move them in, something I have trouble doing.

I am also trying to move more into espionage and anti-terrorist novels away from my typical Harry Potter like books. Something that I have succeed in doing this year.

Hopefully 2020 will be a better literary year for me that 2019 was not.

#146  pdurrant 12-06-2019, 03:38 AM
I hope everyone's still enjoying this year's challenge.

I have actually got my TBR below 1000! I'm very pleased. I just have to make the same sort of progress next year, too.

#147  pdurrant 12-06-2019, 04:02 AM
The 2020 list thread is up!

Go and sign up now for 2020!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=325392

(The discussion thread is also open)

#148  Wearever 12-06-2019, 08:51 PM
Quote pdurrant
I hope everyone's still enjoying this year's challenge.

I have actually got my TBR below 1000! I'm very pleased. I just have to make the same sort of progress next year, too.
That's quite an accomplishment pdurrant ! Well done !

#149  Byrdie 12-07-2019, 01:35 PM
My 2019 reading goals were:

75 books -- 76 done and I'm ahead of schedule so I guess I'll have leftovers.

5 nonfiction books -- unfortunately I only managed 3. Hopefully I'll get the one I've been working thru done before New Year's, if not I'll have to add it to the 2020 challenge.

3 books outside my usual preferences (aka "read something different") -- done. Actually read more than 3 but not in the categories I thought I'd try, like sports & politics. I still can't go there, especially with the latter and the former bores me stupid.

Read more Lesbian novels -- done. Still nowhere near the amount of M/M books I devour but hey, that's 5 more than last year so I'm pleased with that. And there are more in my TBR list for 2020.

Series reading -- as in, finish off at least 1 from the heap on my Kobo -- done! I am all caught up on Jon's Mysteries by A.J. Sherwood, the Holmes & Moriarity series by Josh Lanyon, and the Plumber's Mate mysteries to name a few. Very satisfied with my progress there.

My minor goals of more poetry, comics, and a trashy M/F romance of the type I haven't read since I was in junior high have yet to be met. Perhaps next year? :crosses fingers:

Overall, I am pleased with my accomplishments in 2019 and already planning for the 2020 challenge.

#150  CRussel 12-16-2019, 01:09 PM
Just a note in here to say that I've effectively abandoned any attempt to keep my tracking up to date here. The last 7 months have not really allowed me to focus on anything but "life", and while I've certainly read as much (or more) than other years, the vast majority of it has been comfort re-reads. As for buying new books? Well, THAT is pretty much precluded by said life, but fortunately my libraries have picked up the slack.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (15/17)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register