Mobileread
Have you had to reauthorize your reader?
#11  JSWolf 08-10-2020, 12:44 PM
Quote 4691mls
I don't know where the file is located in order to copy it
Copy everything from your Tolino. Then delete all the files you know are not the activation file. If you are still unsure, post a list of the files and we can maybe tell you which one is is.

#12  rcentros 08-10-2020, 04:40 PM
Quote 4691mls
So you just drag and drop the files from your computer instead of using ADE, and this works OK?
Yes. Just moved the ascm file to the Download folder, went to home screen and there it was. Tapped it and it downloaded the book.

Quote 4691mls
I have a Windows 10 PC and I do use ADE, but sometimes ADE is really slow to open or hangs so badly that I end up restarting the computer. If drag-and-drop works maybe I can skip ADE.
The only issue I could see on Windows 10 is that it might try to automatically open the ascm file in ADE instead of letting you choose to download it. You should be able to bypass that, however. (My ignorance of Windows gets more and more complete — about thirteen years since Windows was my main OS.)

That said, I can't see any reason why ADE would be really slow on Windows 10. Maybe it needs to be uninstalled/reinstalled?

#13  4691mls 08-11-2020, 04:37 PM
Quote rcentros
Yes. Just moved the ascm file to the Download folder, went to home screen and there it was. Tapped it and it downloaded the book.

The only issue I could see on Windows 10 is that it might try to automatically open the ascm file in ADE instead of letting you choose to download it. You should be able to bypass that, however. (My ignorance of Windows gets more and more complete — about thirteen years since Windows was my main OS.)

That said, I can't see any reason why ADE would be really slow on Windows 10. Maybe it needs to be uninstalled/reinstalled?

Thanks. Sometimes ADE loads quickly, other times it hangs. Maybe it does need a reinstall. I don't use it all that often since I can get my Overdrive library books directly on the Tolino, but occasionally I buy books that need to be copied over from the computer. It's good to know your method as a backup!

#14  JSWolf 08-11-2020, 04:58 PM
Quote 4691mls
Thanks. Sometimes ADE loads quickly, other times it hangs. Maybe it does need a reinstall. I don't use it all that often since I can get my Overdrive library books directly on the Tolino, but occasionally I buy books that need to be copied over from the computer. It's good to know your method as a backup!
The problem with ADE is that it gets really slow to load when there are a lot of eBooks in the Digital Editions directory. Even expired library eBooks don't go away when they expire.

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register