Mobileread
Improved Charis SIL with smallcaps
#171  binaryhermit 11-28-2020, 10:02 PM
I think Kobos use a different rendering engine for KEPUBs than they do for regular EPUB

#172  DNSB 11-28-2020, 10:12 PM
Quote binaryhermit
I think Kobos use a different rendering engine for KEPUBs than they do for regular EPUB
They use Adobe's RMSDK renderer for epub2 files and a webkit based renderer for .kepub.epub epub3 files.

RMSDK is still needed for Adobe's ADEPT DRM.

#173  jeff47 11-28-2020, 10:20 PM
Quote DNSB
They use Adobe's RMSDK renderer for epub2 files and a webkit based renderer for .kepub.epub epub3 files.

RMSDK is still needed for Adobe's ADEPT DRM.
I know nothing of hinting, kerning, etc - but is one of the ChareInk versions better for webkit-based rendering?

#174  JSWolf 11-29-2020, 07:45 AM
Quote jeff47
I know nothing of hinting, kerning, etc - but is one of the ChareInk versions better for webkit-based rendering?
Try the two hinted versions and see how that goes. Do you have the patch to allow advanced font control on side loaded fonts? If you do, the NoWeight version should work.

#175  jeff47 11-29-2020, 09:32 AM
Quote JSWolf
Try the two hinted versions and see how that goes. Do you have the patch to allow advanced font control on side loaded fonts? If you do, the NoWeight version should work.
I don't recall whether I'm using NoWeight or not. I did patch for Advanced Font Control, as well as to standardize font sizes between ePub and kepub and turn on constant sharpness.

I think I need to check a few more ebooks. I tried a new one last night and ChareInk looked better, so there could be an oddity with the ebook I was looking at - either a conversion issue or something else.

Thanks for the nice work - I loved this font even before I discovered your version.

« First  « Prev   (18/18)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register