Mobileread
Thanks Koreader
#1  tjpearson 01-24-2017, 09:17 AM
Just wanted to say a big, big thank you to the Koreader developer/developer's.

Ever since forking out the above than average price for my Kobo Aura HD I was very disappointed and did not enjoy the user experience, trying to find books, sorting and general interference of how fast I was reading, how long before I finish a book and so on. Pointnless dribble, bloated and overwritten software with a illogical GUI.

Changed things to Koreader and now I'm in control and love my ereader with all its simplicity and book organisation abilities.

The best, thanks a lot.

tj

#2  Alan_S 01-24-2017, 10:24 PM
Yes, I agree with you completely, except I didn't used nickel for a long time. As soon as I saw it (nickel I mean), I saw it is not for me. And started to look for something different.

Luckily I found koreader+KSM and this is a winner for me big time.

Not to mention how faster and better is development of koreader compared to nickel. And that we can ask for what we want/need in our ebook software. And not to forget, that we than actually receive what we asked for, unlike with nickel.

#3  boriar 01-26-2017, 02:30 PM
Quote Alan_S
Yes, I agree with you completely, except I didn't used nickel for a long time. As soon as I saw it (nickel I mean), I saw it is not for me. And started to look for something different.

Luckily I found koreader+KSM and this is a winner for me big time.

Not to mention how faster and better is development of koreader compared to nickel. And that we can ask for what we want/need in our ebook software. And not to forget, that we than actually receive what we asked for, unlike with nickel.
Totaly agreed!

#4  pickyaxe 02-08-2017, 08:57 AM
I actually like Nickel a lot (when it works), but KOReader is indeed great, and it's still getting new features that are useful to me on nightlies.

#5  the_doc 02-13-2017, 04:08 AM
My thanks too. I installed KOReader (and PBChess) 3 years ago but I barely used them.
But months ago I switched to KOReader and I haven't read a book using Nickel since then.
KOReader has improved and continues improving a lot.

#6  Frenzie 02-23-2017, 10:00 AM
My main issues with Nickel are the database nonsense (the worse the more files, hard to organize) and lack of DjVu support. I definitely prefer reading PDF/DjVu with KOReader in scroll mode and autocrop but file management is what makes Nickel practically unusable for me.

Oh yeah, and the best way to get a feature you want is to send in a PR.

#7  philmagic59 05-22-2019, 10:21 AM
Thank you for marvellous Koreader.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register