Mobileread
Wanted features
#391  Peztis 04-27-2020, 06:05 AM
Quote Lykke
I just checked, and it can indeed. By default it's activated by long-press of the menu button, but can be assigned to other buttons as well.
On my Touch HD 3 I activate/deactivate touch screen lock by pressing twice on the menu button.
If I long-press the menu button, I turn on and off the background light.

#392  Krios 05-07-2020, 10:41 PM
Please, add the option to justify (align) text, every other brand has that option, only Pocketbook lacks it.

#393  Lykke 05-17-2020, 05:56 AM
Quote Krios
Please, add the option to justify (align) text, every other brand has that option, only Pocketbook lacks it.
Anyone knows if one can change this option in some file in the /system directory? I've found the file where the reader app stores its margin settings, but haven't found one for text alignment.

#394  tomasrei 05-27-2020, 08:46 AM
Can you still vote? How?

Anyways - at least half of my books have maps, graphs or other images that often are very small.

I would love to see a long press to show image in full screen AND use arrows to zoom in and out to adjust the zoom.

Unfortuanatly its not very fun reading experience when you have to skip parts of it.

#395  Lykke 06-09-2020, 02:45 PM
Use Koreader.

#396  rcentros 06-09-2020, 06:25 PM
Quote krotwijk
Is there a option disabling the touch when reading?
Quote eMole
I think the latest firmware for Touch Lux 2 and 3 can do this. But only those at the moment.
Quote eMole
Double click the Menu button?
Quote Lykke
I just checked, and it can indeed. By default it's activated by long-press of the menu button, but can be assigned to other buttons as well.
Ah, fantastic news. I just ordered a used Touch Lux 3 from eBay and I didn't know it could do this. I like my inexpensive Basic Lux (PB615) because I can touch the screen without triggering anything. With this feature the Touch Lux 3 gets the best features of both worlds – (books via the browser and WiFi and a non-touch screen when reading). Looking forward to it.

#397  Lykke 06-10-2020, 02:18 PM
I never use the feature, as I'm in dictionary mode 80% of the time, but I can see how it can come in handy.

#398  NotNorm 07-12-2020, 12:46 PM
This is probably a pipe dream, but it would be awesome if PocketBook had support for wireless connections to Calibre. (like the Companion app on Android)

#399  PERCE-NEIGE 07-12-2020, 08:29 PM
Sorry, I'm new here. Is it a thread from the Pocketbook team of from devs providing third party apps to supplement the readers?

I give my vote to Fjtorres, about "Notes". I want to have a file, or something, with my notes and highlights, the feature for sending it to vk.com or other sites is not for me. I don't use any of those sites for clipping. Would be cool to have something like a way to push snippets to a bookmarking site or to file, to save it.

I'm not very satisfied with the Scribble app, I use it, because I have no other choice, to take notes and to write texts, but it's not really convenient to use with the keyboard, and not the finger.

I don't expect something else than a very basic browser, but there are things I don't really like:
no mean to change the start page, it takes a lot of time to load, as it makes a redirection from start.obreey.com to google.com (and from here it looks toward google.fr it seems). It's too slow.
And there's no "previous" and "next" page. That's very unconvenient when browsing on the Internet.
I have no idea how to remap keys, it should be built-in, as it's a very basic function that all the browser, even the simpliest ones have.

There should be also a way to add page to an offline browser.
And to puch easily webpage from the computer to the reader.

" if PocketBook had support for wireless connections to Calibre. (like the Companion app on Android) "

+1 vote for Calibre integration.
And IFTTT integration would be very useful, Moon Reader also.

#400  EastEriq 07-13-2020, 02:41 PM
Quote PERCE-NEIGE
no mean to change the start page
you can edit
Code
browser_default_url=
in /ext1/system/config/global.cfg

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (40/41)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register