Mobileread
Paperwhite 2015 browser produces gibberish on BBC news
#1  Lung Bing 01-24-2021, 10:06 AM
I have a Paperwhite 2015 running firmware 5.13.4. If I use the browser to look at bbc.co.uk everything is fine for the headlines. But If I touch a headline to open that news item the result is a page of gibberish. This also happened on firmware 5.12.4. It is consistent for all articles throughout the site.
Is there a browser system font I can change, or has anybody any idea what could be causing it?

Thanks in advance,

#2  JSWolf 01-24-2021, 10:24 AM
Quote Lung Bing
I have a Paperwhite 2015 running firmware 5.13.4. If I use the browser to look at bbc.co.uk everything is fine for the headlines. But If I touch a headline to open that news item the result is a page of gibberish. This also happened on firmware 5.12.4. It is consistent for all articles throughout the site.
Is there a browser system font I can change, or has anybody any idea what could be causing it?

Thanks in advance,
I know what's causing the problem. The browser is not compatible with BBC because the browser is very simple. Web browsing on a Kindle is not a good idea. It's slow and as you can see, not compatible with some sites.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register