Mobileread
Glowlight Plus BNRV510 Not Showing Sideloaded Books
#1  RichBebe 01-16-2021, 11:22 PM
I have seen a lot of threads on this with the GL3 and not real solution, but hoping someone has one for the Glowlight Plus.
I have 277 epubs that were on my device. I always loaded them through Calibre. I did an update and it only showed 53 books. I checked in Windows and there were 277 files.
I tried deleting and reinstalling. I tried deregistering and reregistering. I tried uploading books through Calibre and then deregistered and tried through Windows with dragging and dropping.
The weird thing is not all the same books load every time and the most I was able to load now is 72.
Before I smash this thing and by another ereader has anyone came across this and found a solution?
Thanks in advance and no I am not going to smash it, but sell it on Ebay if I cannot sideload like I used to be able to.

#2  TTAMM85 01-17-2021, 11:43 PM
Same here, at least somewhat- I sideloaded some epub files to my Nook Glowlight Plus (7.8 in version) using Calibre. While they're showing on the device in Calibre (in main memory), they aren't showing in my library on the device itself. I've seen some notes saying that for a Kindle you may have to wait until it re-Indexes, and that there's no way to force it to do that. Maybe it's the same issue here?

#3  Sirtel 01-18-2021, 12:39 AM
Quote TTAMM85
Same here, at least somewhat- I sideloaded some epub files to my Nook Glowlight Plus (7.8 in version) using Calibre. While they're showing on the device in Calibre (in main memory), they aren't showing in my library on the device itself. I've seen some notes saying that for a Kindle you may have to wait until it re-Indexes, and that there's no way to force it to do that. Maybe it's the same issue here?
It's not the issue of indexing, as only Kindles have global search and thus the need for a lengthy indexing process. It may be an issue of disconnecting the Nook from the computer too early, before it had imported all the books properly. It's best to wait a while after ejecting (you should see book covers quickly alternating on the home screen; don't disconnect before they've stopped doing that).

#4  Tuneraider 01-18-2021, 01:11 AM
https://help.barnesandnoble.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4113/kw/Glowlight%203

The Category Menu

The category menu (sometimes called the filter menu) is a pull-down menu in the upper left corner of the Library lets you select the Library contents you want to display.

Your choices include:
• All - shows everything in your Library (the number after the word “All” indicates how many items you have in your Library)
• Books - shows only books
• Magazines - shows only magazines (this menu choice appears only if you have purchased magazines)
• Newspapers - shows only magazines (this menu choice appears only if you have purchased newspapers)
• My Shelves - shows any books, magazines, and newspapers that you have organized on shelves
• My Files - shows any files, such as EPUB or PDF files, that you have transferred from your personal computer to your NOOK
• Archived - shows any books or periodicals you have archived (this menu choice appears only if you have once
archived any books or periodicals)
• Everything Else - shows any content in your account that is not supported on this device

#5  TTAMM85 01-18-2021, 05:49 PM
Yes, I've been using the "all" category. When I move titles to the device, the covers don't initially appear on the home screen, or show up at all under "all," despite being shown as in the memory of the device within Calibre.

#6  Sirtel 01-18-2021, 05:52 PM
Quote TTAMM85
Yes, I've been using the "all" category. When I move titles to the device, the covers don't initially appear on the home screen, or show up at all under "all," despite being shown as in the memory of the device within Calibre.
Is that after you've disconnected the Nook from the computer? What happens if you eject, but don't disconnect immediately and wait a bit? Do the covers appear then?

#7  TTAMM85 01-18-2021, 05:56 PM
In fact, if I open the Nook through Windows Explorer, the epub files are all showing in their proper places in the "Books" folder- they just don't show up in the interface on the device itself, as if it doesn't recognize that they're there. No alternating covers during the process either, and that normally happens almost immediately once the files load.

#8  TTAMM85 01-18-2021, 06:10 PM
Two more (potentially?) relevant facts:

#9  Sirtel 01-18-2021, 07:52 PM
Quote TTAMM85
Two more (potentially?) relevant facts:
Calibre never shows direct B&N purchases.

What happens if you search for a sideloaded book on the Nook? Any results?

#10  TTAMM85 01-19-2021, 11:31 PM
No on both counts- they don’t show up if I eject but stay plugged in, and don’t show up in search. At this point, I’m just going to throw my hands up and read them on the Oasis instead.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register