Mobileread
January Kindle Challenge
#1  Paperbackstash 01-08-2021, 08:03 PM
Anyone else participating?
https://www.amazon.com/kindlechallenge

It's cute. I have read some said they did not get a $5.00 free ebook credit, some get others options. Mine is showing as the $5.00 credit. The badges are fun when activated/lit up. It's a side thing if you're planning on reading anyway. I don't recall Amazon doing something like this before, although it's possible they have and I missed it.

From the page:
How it works
1) Find your Kindle Challenge quests below
2) Earn badges for completing quests
3) Get $5 in eBook credit for earning at least four diamond badges
The Kindle Challenge ends on January 31, 2021
Badges may take up to 72 hours after completion to appear, terms and conditions apply

#2  Paperbackstash 01-08-2021, 08:10 PM
Hm, odd

It seems that some get more challenges that others offered and some different challenges than others catered by their device or options.
An annoying badge I saw them griping about on reddit that only affects those who get the option of 12 instead of 11, and the same for me is:

Easy on the Eyes
Earn this badge when you register a Kindle E‑reader device.

Obviously I doubt many will de-register and then re-register their devices, or buy a new device in the month of January just for this badge, which does not count toward earning the credit anyway since it's not a diamond badge .

#3  kotatsu 01-10-2021, 01:52 PM
It doesn't seem to be offering any sort of reward for me when I visit the site on my computer.

#4  SeaBookGuy 01-10-2021, 03:22 PM
I've completed four tasks: bronze level, a Kindle purchase, series starter, and Prime book.

#5  Paperbackstash 01-10-2021, 03:40 PM
Quote kotatsu
It doesn't seem to be offering any sort of reward for me when I visit the site on my computer.
I believe I saw that it doesn't with everyone. It is odd. Even if not a reward, I'm into weird little badges and achievements since I'm dorky that way. I messed it up by not reading yesterday where it counted before it hit midnight -- I was listened to Audible for hours though so I'm guessing that didn't sync in. It still hasn't caught up with 2 badges from Friday, so I don't think I'll get four of the diamonds for the 5.00 credit regardless.

#6  Paperbackstash 01-10-2021, 03:41 PM
Quote SeaBookGuy
I've completed four tasks: bronze level, a Kindle purchase, series starter, and Prime book.
I got a Kindle Unlimited and Prime book badge, but I don't own and use Prime on this account, so I'm still trying to figure that one out lol

#7  issybird 01-10-2021, 04:00 PM
All they’re offering me are “bragging rights.”

#8  binaryhermit 01-10-2021, 04:09 PM
Same here, sadly.

#9  HogDrvr 01-10-2021, 04:16 PM
Quote Paperbackstash
It seems that some get more challenges that others offered and some different challenges than others catered by their device or options.
An annoying badge I saw them griping about on reddit that only affects those who get the option of 12 instead of 11, and the same for me is:
I have the option to earn 13 badges but I see no offer of money. I've already completed 8 badges.
Bronze Reader
Goal Setter
I'm a Fan
Book in Hand
Prime Reader
Kindle Unlimited
Series Starter
Night Owl

It is weird that the badge challenges are not the same for everyone.

#10  SeaBookGuy 01-10-2021, 04:59 PM
Quote kotatsu
Here's a screenshot to show where the qualifying information is located:
20210110_125453.jpg 

Next »  Last »  (1/8)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register