Mobileread
All new Ultimate Manga Reader
#1  OfficerAction 07-18-2020, 06:35 AM
Ultimate Manga Reader
A feature-rich online manga reader for Kobo E-Ink devices.
Compared to the one I posted a few years ago it's basically a complete rewrite.
It's now based on the latest Qt5, it's standalone and has tons of new features, bugfixes and design improvements.

Features:
You can find the source code and additional info here.

How to install:
First you will need to install a launcher application. I recomend NickelMenu, the latest release along with install instructions can be found here.

To add a launch entry in NickelMenu the following line has to be added to the config file:
Code
menu_item :main :Ultimate Manga Reader :cmd_spawn :quiet:/mnt/onboard/.adds/UltimateMangaReader/ultimatemangareader.sh

For the application itself just download the latest release here and extract the archive into the root directiory of your Kobo device.

Known issues:[LIST][*]Touchinputs work differently on every Kobo model and are currently broken for older devices. But also for some newer devices it's possible that touch inputs are rotated/flipped. To fix this you can try to modify the following parameters in the ultimatemangareader.sh startup script:
touchscreen_rotate=auto|0|90|180|270
touchscreen_invert_x=auto|0|1
touchscreen_invert_y=auto|0|1

Feedback is always appreciated.

At this point I have spent well over 1000 hours working on this project. If you like the app and want to support me you can send a paypal donation my way via balduran174@gmail.com
20200718_100134.jpg 20200718_100125.jpg 20200718_100511.jpg 

#2  Galunid 07-18-2020, 03:13 PM
I tried it with Kobo Clara HD, but it doesn't seem to work. I connected to Wifi before launching the app(via kfmon) and it's just stuck at "connecting to wifi". Doesn't react at any event(touch/sleep) and requires reboot to get ereader going.

#3  DevonHess 07-18-2020, 03:55 PM
On my Forma, the display was upside down. Changing the 3 to a 1 on this line fixed the issue.
Code
echo 3 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate
Now it works very well. Using the MangaDex website on Kobo is a nightmare, so this is exactly what I was looking for.

#4  OfficerAction 07-18-2020, 04:39 PM
Quote Galunid
I tried it with Kobo Clara HD, but it doesn't seem to work. I connected to Wifi before launching the app(via kfmon) and it's just stuck at "connecting to wifi". Doesn't react at any event(touch/sleep) and requires reboot to get ereader going.
Thanks for the feedback. Did you start it with wifi turned on (in the Nickel firmware)?

#5  trekk 07-18-2020, 05:25 PM
Works fine on my Aura One. Wifi was turned on before starting UMR via Nickle Menu.

#6  Galunid 07-18-2020, 05:49 PM
Quote OfficerAction
Thanks for the feedback. Did you start it with wifi turned on (in the Nickel firmware)?
Yup, I connected to wifi(in nickel) and then used kfmon to start the app. I checked for the logs, but there was only empty `log.txt` file in the application directory.

#7  stiivo 07-20-2020, 07:48 AM
tried to install it on my kobo clara hd this morning running 4.22.15190 however after the application launches no touch input is being registered. The app doesnt crash however, as hitting the power button once reloads the app and holding down the power button closes it off and returns the user to the main kobo os

#8  DevonHess 07-21-2020, 04:08 AM
Quote stiivo
tried to install it on my kobo clara hd this morning running 4.22.15190 however after the application launches no touch input is being registered. The app doesnt crash however, as hitting the power button once reloads the app and holding down the power button closes it off and returns the user to the main kobo os
If only the creator had included a fix in the first post.
Quote OfficerAction
Known issues:

#9  stiivo 07-21-2020, 04:19 AM
Quote DevonHess
If only the creator had included a fix in the first post.
well i tried that and it didnt work. seems like the fix he posted was to fix inverted touch registrations. The issue when trying on the clara is that no input is being registered

#10  Simboubou 07-21-2020, 09:27 AM
Wow, nice stuff ! Good job !

I can finally try to read some scans on my kobo ! This may make me get a 7" next time I upgrade.

Small issue I have on Glo HD : the sleepcover works when going to sleep, not when waking up (I need to press the button)

Next »  Last »  (1/13)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register