Mobileread
I (somehow) removed the Preferences icon from my main menu
#1  PTrenholme 02-19-2020, 01:39 PM
As the title says, I somehow managed to remove the preferences from the main menu. (I think, IIRC, I was rearranging the order, and my finger slipped off the mouse button while the icon was outside the menu, but I'm not sure about that -- it was several mounts ago.)

Does anyone have any idea how to restore it? (If not, I'll just "bite the bullet" and uninstall/reinstall Calibre. That shouldn't be a problem for the db,eh?)

#2  theducks 02-19-2020, 01:45 PM
Quote PTrenholme
As the title says, I somehow managed to remove the preferences from the main menu. (I think, IIRC, I was rearranging the order, and my finger slipped off the mouse button while the icon was outside the menu, but I'm not sure about that -- it was several mounts ago.)

Does anyone have any idea how to restore it? (If not, I'll just "bite the bullet" and uninstall/reinstall Calibre. That shouldn't be a problem for the db,eh?)
Ctrl+P (the shortcut to Preferences): Look and feel: Toolbars <remember, there are many, but the most common ones are the ones MAIN Without and With device connected

#3  PTrenholme 02-19-2020, 03:49 PM
Thanks! That worked!

#4  Frizzell 02-19-2020, 05:52 PM
Quote theducks
Ctrl+P (the shortcut to Preferences)
I've always wondered about that myself, and I was always afraid of pulling the same stunt. 'Ctrl+P' huh... who woulda thunk it.

Frizzell

" Why a four year old child could understand this.
Run out and get me a four year old child,
I can't make head or tail out of it".

#5  BetterRed 02-19-2020, 06:27 PM
Tip: Move Preferences to far left of the toolbars and/or add it to the book list context menus.

BR

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register