Mobileread
[HELP] Showing original page before every page (PDF to AZW3)
#1  RKindle 02-17-2020, 11:46 AM
So, yeah, PDF is the most sad format. But I have what I have . And I need some here! I have a big problem. For example I convert PDF to AZW3 and when I read it I get this:
(example)
(page 1)
-All original page (page size is fitted to screen).
-Then I get a part of page with normal font size to read.
-Then I get other part of page with normal font size to read.
(page 2)
-All original page (page size is fitted to screen).
-Then I get a part of page with normal font size to read.
-Then I get other part of page with normal font size to read.
(page 3, 4, etc.)

So is it possible when converting remove that original page? I mean there is no point of it and it's annoying every time when I press to read next page.
& for every answer!

#2  kovidgoyal 02-17-2020, 12:08 PM
that sounds like your pdf contains page scans and reflowable text as well. you can try adding

img { display: none !important}

to the styling in the look &feel section of the conversion dialog. This should suppress the display of all images and therefore of the page scans.

#3  RKindle 02-17-2020, 01:06 PM
Quote kovidgoyal
that sounds like your pdf contains page scans and reflowable text as well. you can try adding

img { display: none !important}

to the styling in the look &feel section of the conversion dialog. This should suppress the display of all images and therefore of the page scans.
Thank you, it helped me a lot . BTW I think there is no options to correct letters also? I mean sometimes instead of "ų" from PDF I get "y" in AZW3

#4  DNSB 02-17-2020, 02:27 PM
Quote RKindle
Thank you, it helped me a lot . BTW I think there is no options to correct letters also? I mean sometimes instead of "ų" from PDF I get "y" in AZW3
I suspect you are going to have to edit the .azw3 file manually to correct OCR errors (the reason most OCR programs have "errors can occur which need to be corrected by hand" buried in the documentation).

#5  RKindle 02-18-2020, 01:40 AM
Quote DNSB
I suspect you are going to have to edit the .azw3 file manually to correct OCR errors (the reason most OCR programs have "errors can occur which need to be corrected by hand" buried in the documentation).
Ohh.. Sounds like too many work for that

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register