Mobileread
Paragraph breaks become page breaks when converting to mobi
#1  Allreader 02-16-2020, 08:21 AM
I got an ebook that when viewed in Calibre as epub looks fine and normal. But when I send it to my Kindle or view it in Calibre as a mobi, all the paragraph breaks get converted to page breaks (so each paragraph is on its own page).

I checked the CSS and nothing jumps out at me as wrong (but admittedly I don't really know what I'm looking for). And it only seems to happen with this one book. I'm wondering if anyone's seen this before or knows how to fix it.

Thanks!

#2  kovidgoyal 02-16-2020, 09:27 AM
It will be vecause it has class="chapter" on all its paragraphs. Change the page break detection setting in the conversion dialog under structure detection to / and you will be fine.

#3  Allreader 02-16-2020, 10:01 AM
Quote kovidgoyal
It will be vecause it has class="chapter" on all its paragraphs.
Ah, yes, it definitely does!

Quote kovidgoyal
Change the page break detection setting in the conversion dialog under structure detection to / and you will be fine.
That didn't seem to fix it. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong. Added a couple screenshots showing the setting and result is still chapter-per-page.
Calibre chapter detection.png Calibre viewer book.png 

#4  kovidgoyal 02-16-2020, 10:45 AM
You need to change the options in the conversion dialog of that book.

See https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/conversion.html#how-options-are-set-saved-for-conversion

#5  Allreader 02-16-2020, 01:27 PM
Ahhh, I didn't realize Calibre saved conversion settings per book. That's great. And that worked, thank you!

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register