Mobileread
Likebook Ares switching between apps
#1  Faeryink 12-21-2020, 02:44 PM
Hello,
Got a brand new Likebook Ares from Amazon Germany. Really like it.

I was wondering if there is a way of switching between Scribd (3rd party app) and the native Notes app? I normally have to select the Home icon on the top bar and then reopen the Notes. Is there something similar to a Tracking ball navigation like on the Onyx?

Is there a native rotation setting? I prefer watching my youtube videos on Likebook Are (yes I am in the minority of people who enjoy watching old movies on e-ink screen). I am currently using a third party app to force the app in iandscape mode.

I also now have an Onyx Boox Note 2 and it has some features I like, but I prefer Ares (it feels more comfortable). Would be great to create shortcuts for the apps.
Thanks in advance for your help!!

#2  ottischwenk 12-21-2020, 02:56 PM
Quote Faeryink
I was wondering if there is a way of switching between Scribd (3rd party app) and the native Notes app? I normally have to select the Home icon on the top bar and then reopen the Notes. Is there something similar to a Tracking ball navigation like on the Onyx?
No, but you can look for OneToucher.
Is there a native rotation setting?
No.

#3  Faeryink 12-21-2020, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the tip, I will look into OneToucher. Cheers!!

#4  guest 12-21-2020, 07:37 PM
Quote Faeryink
I've never used Onyx so I don't know what tracking ball navigation is, but the recent app button is the one marked with the red arrow (on android 8 it may be in a different place). However I don't know how Recent+App would be better than Home+App.
With for example Xposed edge you can configure a single tap (or double tap, or long, or ...). But if new Ares comes with Android 8 I have no idea how difficult Xposed installation would be (if you don't have experience, don't try).
screencap.png 

#5  ottischwenk 12-22-2020, 08:36 AM
Quote guest
I've never used Onyx so I don't know what tracking ball navigation is, but the recent app button is the one marked with the red arrow (on android 8 it may be in a different place). However I don't know how Recent+App would be better than Home+App.
This requires that the app has already been started.
With the Boox NavBall, defined applications can be started - this also applies to the OneToucher.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register