Mobileread
Boyue released new 6 inch models
#1  maydocsach 12-09-2020, 10:22 PM
Boyue has recently released long waited 6 inch models.

It's name is Likebook P6.

The device featured a 6 inch HD E-ink screen, resolution is 1448 x 1072, which means 300 ppi.

show attachment »

Likebook P6 has quad-core 1.6 GHz CPU, 1GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage. It supports up to 128GB memory card as well.

Likebook P6 come with Android 8.1 and refreshed UI.

Price is around $140 and will start shipping next week.

More detail can be seen here: Likebook P6.

#2  bazz2004 12-10-2020, 10:25 AM
It looks a lot better value than the Alita. Basic with no exaggerated claims in the spec.

#3  patientxtr 12-16-2020, 08:41 AM
Very good for what it is. 6 inch is smaller then 7.8 but still can do everything you could on mars etc. Read mangas, rss readers, pdf readers... Android is great if you use it correctly on ereaders.

#4  Pajamaman 12-16-2020, 09:20 AM
Shame no SD-card. But a good cheaper alternative to the Onyx Poke.

Edit: Has a SD-card slot. For me, this makes it more attractive than a Poke at the 6" size. And cheaper!

#5  ottischwenk 12-16-2020, 04:32 PM
Quote Pajamaman
But a good cheaper alternative to the Onyx Poke.

Edit: Has a SD-card slot. For me, this makes it more attractive than a Poke at the 6" size. And cheaper!
But it only has one color of light.

#6  seby 12-17-2020, 01:43 PM
Quote bazz2004
It looks a lot better value than the Alita. Basic with no exaggerated claims in the spec.
You can't really compare the P6 with Alita - they are two different beasts. P6 is pretty much useful only for reading (same as the Kindle), Alita is a device for reading and note taking.
A much fairer comparison would be P6 against Mars. And even there, I don't think the P6 is a better value. The Mars is usually available for 170$ on Banggood (I see it in offer at that price every 2 or 3 months), while the P6 costs around 140$. For 30$ more, you get a much bigger screen and double color light. I believe the Mars is still a much better value.
My 2c...

#7  Pajamaman 12-17-2020, 01:47 PM
Quote ottischwenk
But it only has one color of light.
Ah. That's a show stopper. Must have orange light.

#8  Incanus 12-17-2020, 03:54 PM
Quote seby
A much fairer comparison would be P6 against Mars. And even there, I don't think the P6 is a better value. The Mars is usually available for 170$ on Banggood (I see it in offer at that price every 2 or 3 months), while the P6 costs around 140$. For 30$ more, you get a much bigger screen and double color light. I believe the Mars is still a much better value.
My 2c...
A matter of taste or ergonomics.

Android software compatibility & (rest) of the hardware aside, I need a bigger screen, since reading a small screen had become troublesome because of my eyesight problems; I needed a bigger screen to display a full page text using 28+ size font, which is not possible on a small P6 (or similar) screen.

So, ergonomics wise, the Mars is for me.

I'd agree that it might not be the case for someone else, and for them the P6 might be their ticket.

#9  bazz2004 12-18-2020, 03:58 AM
seby "You can't really compare the P6 with Alita - they are two different beasts. P6 is pretty much useful only for reading (same as the Kindle), Alita is a device for reading and note taking."

If only. You clearly don't own an Alita. It's a decent enough large screen e-reader but with a lot of pretensions. If it worked adequately for note taking it would be flying out from vendors on ebay and Amazon.

#10  ottischwenk 12-18-2020, 04:21 AM
Quote bazz2004
If only. You clearly don't own an Alita. It's a decent enough large screen e-reader but with a lot of pretensions. If it worked adequately for note taking it would be flying out from vendors on ebay and Amazon.
It works great - but you have to know how to handle it.
And not only that, the Likebook Alita is a glare-free tablet (without GPS and camera), and with a keyboard and pen also suitable for office applications - and because it can also be used outdoors (in the sun), it is superior to many a laptop.
If you want to use a 10.3 inch device only for reading, then there is a much cheaper and lighter device from Pocketbook.

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register