Mobileread
Likebook mars - PC cannot recognized problem
#1  Anaksulnamun 08-20-2019, 06:59 AM
I just bought one Like book mars, everything is okay
The first time I plugged it in my PC, there was a notification for USB device on adroid and I choose "USB" or something like this
and now my two PC shows the message on device manager:
"Unknow USB device (device description request failed)" and I cannot copy my file or update firmware...

So is there a fix to this problem?
BTW, I already reset to factory default but the problem is still there...
Is there a way to hard reset?

#2  Merithyn 08-20-2019, 07:08 AM
Usually it's the cable. Are you using original one? I had a phone which had exactly the same error while connecting with any cable but original.

#3  bazz2004 12-16-2020, 05:50 AM
I had problems with the Alita. Battery life with wifi enabled is awful so I bought a 10ft cable for reading when connected to a usb port. The e-reader wasn't recognised unless the original cable was used. I have a few PCs and eventually I got it working with the extended cable. For some reason it no longer accepts the original Boyue cable. Using that now gives an error message on the PC screen about a fault with the connected usb device. It'll charge the device but that's it. Be prepared for loads of glitches and updates that seem to do very little.

#4  Jinz 01-09-2021, 02:08 AM
Simple cables without ferrite cores and correctly twisted pairs will do that, especially when cable strands start cracking from age.

#5  ottischwenk 01-09-2021, 02:54 AM
Quote Jinz
Simple cables without ferrite cores and correctly twisted pairs will do that, especially when cable strands start cracking from age.
Even strong kinks can disrupt the transfer and cause errors on data lines - not only with fiber optics.
If one of my cables gets kinked, I throw it away.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register