Mobileread
Last version of Sigil to have WYSIWYG mode and light mode
#1  seampub 10-18-2020, 06:22 PM
I stepped away from the industry for a while and getting back in with my first new book in a while, I have found that Sigil has become unusable to me. Don't really care if anyone things I'm wrong, about it. I would just like to know what the last version to have those things instead of me having to learn new software two weeks before launch?

#2  DNSB 10-18-2020, 06:42 PM
Quote seampub
I stepped away from the industry for a while and getting back in with my first new book in a while, I have found that Sigil has become unusable to me. Don't really care if anyone things I'm wrong, about it. I would just like to know what the last version to have those things instead of me having to learn new software two weeks before launch?
Light mode support? Do you mean a version of Sigil prior to dark mode support being added? If you really must have BookView check the Sigil-Ebook releases page for Sigil-0.9.14.

Just one request: please don't complain about BookView causing issues which was the main reason I stopped using BookView for anything prior to it being replaced by PageEdit. I got tired of having to fix the oddities that QTWebKit caused when editing in BookView.

#3  seampub 10-18-2020, 06:58 PM
Yes, that is what I meant. I have no intention of complaining, and never had a problem that was related to BookView.

Thank you

#4  Notjohn 10-20-2020, 02:22 PM
The (fairly new) Preview panel is IMHO greatly superior to Book View, so you can edit in Code View and immediately see the results on the Preview panel without troubling to change to Book View with all its traps.

You don't have to use PageEdit. I don't! Indeed, I'm still using last year's 0.9.18.

#5  exaltedwombat 10-21-2020, 11:17 PM
You ARE aware of PageEdit?

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register