Mobileread
Translating KOReader
#1  leschek 09-19-2020, 12:26 PM
While translating KOReader I did find some lines I really don't understand. Could someone help me to understand what the following lines mean?
  1. Pan delay interval
  2. If called by a gesture the amount of the gesture will be used

#2  Frenzie 09-19-2020, 04:05 PM
The first refers to the amount of time to wait before panning starts. It's used in some cases to make panning by accident less likely.

The second is definitely awkward and should be improved. I think it refers to the distance. (I.e., the larger the distance, the larger the "amount"/value.)

#3  leschek 09-19-2020, 04:59 PM
Thank you for explanation.

Quote Frenzie
The first refers to the amount of time to wait before panning starts. It's used in some cases to make panning by accident less likely.
BTW by panning is meant horizontal movement (as known in photography) or something else?

#4  Frenzie 09-19-2020, 06:14 PM
Quote leschek
BTW by panning is meant horizontal movement (as known in photography) or something else?
Yes, but you can also pan vertically (including in film/photography, think of a panning shot of a skyscraper). It's dragging the page around.

#5  leschek 09-20-2020, 05:51 AM
Quote Frenzie
It's dragging the page around.
Thanks for the explanation. I would never have thought of that.

#6  leschek 09-20-2020, 06:04 AM
Forum didn't let me to edit last message (5 minutes limit)so here is additional question:

What is the best way to ask to add newly translated languages to KOReader? I would like to start fixing possible errors. Should i create a new issue on GitHub?

#7  Frenzie 09-20-2020, 02:20 PM
Generally speaking yes, but we already have Czech enabled?

Edit: I see, on Transifex it was cs_CZ and now it's just cs.

Edit 2: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/6689

#8  leschek 09-21-2020, 10:50 AM
Thank you. It's already in nightly version.

Are languages updated automatically in new (nightly) versions after somebody make changes, or do they have to be updated manually? Just asking because I would like to know how long I have to wait to see changes.

#9  Frenzie 09-21-2020, 11:51 AM
Yes, it's all automated. The current state of https://github.com/koreader/koreader-translations is automatically pulled in when the nightly is created, but depending on specifics it may take up to 24 hours for Weblate to push the latest changes to that repo. So in some kind of worst case scenario where the timing badly aligns it might potentially take up to 2 days to actually show up in a build. But most of the time it'll just be the day after you made your changes.

Which languages are exposed in the menu to be selected is manual.

#10  NiLuJe 09-21-2020, 12:55 PM
There also needs to be actual code changes for a new nightly to be built in the first place, right?

Next »  Last »  (1/5)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register