Mobileread
Peculiar, MO - Sci-fi/horror novel, now on Smashwords!
#1  Robert Williams 01-08-2010, 10:32 PM
At last, it is ready. My science fiction/horror novel, Peculiar,MO, is now available on Smashwords. It's rather like a cross between Stephen King and the X-files. Peculiar has nine reviews on Amazon, averaging four stars. Of all my books, this one has sold the most copies. Peculiar is actually a small town in my home state of Missouri, hence the title, Peculiar, MO. When I first published it, the town newspaper did an article on the book. The back cover description is below. I hope you'll check it out!

Welcome to Peculiar, MO. For most, life is good in this idyllic Midwestern town, until a falling star brings an unearthly menace. Soon animals are found dying of a mysterious disease. At night, beasts begin to cry out in voices that sound almost like words, as they are drawn to a burned clearing to serve an alien will.

Local widow Kelly Ross, who is struggling to make ends meet after the death of her husband, sends her young son into the forest on an errand, where he makes a frightening discovery.

Spencer Dale, the town's mechanic, whose past contains a painful secret, begins to experience strange dreams and visions, as he relives memories that are not his own.

Nine-year-old Rachel, a child of nature, becomes linked to an unspeakable crime that took place more than eighty years in the past, while a military operation moving inexorably towards the meteor's impact site makes its presence, and its plans, known.

All their lives are linked together as an alien life cycle reaches its terrifying climax.

#2  dreams 01-08-2010, 11:36 PM
Congratulations! I added it to my cart for the next batch purchase (if cbell says your books are fantastic, then I know that I will like them).

#3  cbell 01-09-2010, 12:12 AM
Yay! Thank you, Robert (for the upload) and dreams (for the pointer)!

Ah, Peculiar, MO is the name of a town - I'm looking forward to reading this very much!

#4  Robert Williams 01-09-2010, 01:07 AM
Thanks guys! I hope you enjoy the book.

#5  lene1949 01-09-2010, 03:40 AM
Yes, I'll be reading this one... Having had an encounter with a couple of UFO's it should be interesting... The ones I encountered seemed merely curious, and I'm sure mine and the other 3 people's pictures are out there somewhere.

#6  Robert Williams 01-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Lene, you should post links. I wouldn't mind seeing those pics.

#7  lene1949 01-09-2010, 07:56 PM
We didn't take pictures, but I'm sure they took pictures of us.

#8  Robert Williams 01-22-2010, 02:25 AM
I'm very happy right now! Peculiar just got its 11th review on Amazon and it is five stars! Great news on which to end the day!

#9  cbell 01-22-2010, 04:56 AM
Congratulations, Robert! I'm still looking forward to reading Peculiar - it's next on my TBR list.

I loved Storms of Eternity, and I'm sure I'll enjoy this book, too.

(This is my 500th post, yay!)

#10  Robert Williams 01-22-2010, 07:23 PM
Thanks cbell! Hope you like it. I'm happy my thread got your 500th post!

Next »  Last »  (1/4)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register