Mobileread
Cool Reader Font Warning after update
#11  Dopedangel 03-28-2019, 03:05 AM
You can the latest release apk from here.
https://github.com/buggins/coolreader/releases

#12  VelvetElvis 03-28-2019, 11:18 AM
Quote Dopedangel
You can the latest release apk from here.
https://github.com/buggins/coolreader/releases
Thank you. That didn't go well. For whatever reason, installing on my Asus tab, got "Cool Reader has stopped working, so I've uninstalled it for now.

More concerning... Bought another Fire HD 8 this week. Side-loaded the Google Play store, and installed Cool Reader yesterday. *Same issue*. Is replicated every time I switch from day to night mode.

So for whatever reason, this bug is still not fixed. Pic attached.

EDIT: On my Asus, I cleared cache, ran CM Cleaner. Reinstalled and reconfigured. Bug remains on this tablet as well, when switching from day to night (which I do every day.)
Fire.jpg 

#13  Dopedangel 03-29-2019, 06:05 AM
Quote VelvetElvis
Thank you. That didn't go well. For whatever reason, installing on my Asus tab, got "Cool Reader has stopped working, so I've uninstalled it for now.

More concerning... Bought another Fire HD 8 this week. Side-loaded the Google Play store, and installed Cool Reader yesterday. *Same issue*. Is replicated every time I switch from day to night mode.

So for whatever reason, this bug is still not fixed. Pic attached.

EDIT: On my Asus, I cleared cache, ran CM Cleaner. Reinstalled and reconfigured. Bug remains on this tablet as well, when switching from day to night (which I do every day.)
Did you delete the .cr folder that is sometimes left behind even after you uninstall

#14  VelvetElvis 03-29-2019, 10:27 AM
Quote Dopedangel
Did you delete the .cr folder that is sometimes left behind even after you uninstall
No, because to be honest, I couldn't even find it. After I did the uninstall, I ran ES File Explorer, but didn't even see that folder. In a previous attempt to fix this on my Asus, I did run CM Cleaner, which claimed to have found Cool Reader remnants, but the problem remained.

As I mentioned previously, I'm not sure why, on a brand new install, on a brand new Fire tablet, bought within the last week, that this issue would still manifest itself. Could be something I'm changing in the options that trigger this, but the bug is definitely still there.

#15  davemcfc 05-30-2019, 10:13 AM
Yes, the bug is still there. I cleaned out everything CR-related and installed version 3.2.30-1, but the issue remained. I had at least made a backup of the .ini file, so I was able to recover my personal settings.

#16  M_Faust 06-11-2019, 12:53 PM
Quote VelvetElvis
No, because to be honest, I couldn't even find it. After I did the uninstall, I ran ES File Explorer, but didn't even see that folder. In a previous attempt to fix this on my Asus, I did run CM Cleaner, which claimed to have found Cool Reader remnants, but the problem remained.
Folder .cr3 is in root sdcard, you must enable "hidden files" in your's filemanager option.
You can try this apk. It can install above Market version (same key). Rename *.zip to *.apk.
[zip] cr3.2.31-universal-release_minsize.apk.zip (11.60 MB, 33 views)

#17  VelvetElvis 06-11-2019, 03:16 PM
Quote M_Faust
Folder .cr3 is in root sdcard, you must enable "hidden files" in your's filemanager option.
You can try this apk. It can install above Market version (same key). Rename *.zip to *.apk.
Thank you for that.

Afraid I've given up on CoolReader for the time being, and moved on to other options. As well as my own devices, I support several family members with their tablets, and also recommend readers for friends - most of whom aren't tech-savvy, and many who aren't local to me. I prefer to use and recommend an app that doesn't require any filesystem-level tinkering to get it to work as it should, or at least, is fixable with updates in due time. This font warning issue in question was not an isolated incident, and occured on 3 devices under my roof alone.

Don't wish to start a reader software holy war with anyone following this thread. This is just the situation that works for me. CoolReader served me well for several enjoyable years, but it was time for me to move on.

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register