#22  shalym 10-16-2018, 10:07 AM
Quote ilovejedd
Special Offers

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CXG6C9W/
Ah...there's the US one. Thanks!

Shari

#23  jhowell 10-16-2018, 10:07 AM
And a press release from Amazon:

Meet the All-New Kindle Paperwhite—Thinner, Lighter, 2x the Storage, and Waterproof for Just $129

Besides the specs mentioned previously there is a clearer description of the Kindle software changes coming:

Kindle includes a variety of ways to tailor your experience so you can read your book your way. Today, we’re introducing even more personalization features, including:

An updated home—The new home experience makes it easier to find your next read based on your reading history, including books that are free for you to read from Kindle Unlimited or Prime Reading. You can also view reading accomplishments, like how many days in the past month you’ve read, as well as fun facts and tips so you can get the most out of your device.

Easily personalize your reading—Now save multiple reading settings, selecting the font, boldness level, and orientation settings you prefer all from the main menu and quickly switch between those settings.

The updated home experience, as well as the ability to quickly save and access reading settings, will be delivered as a free, over-the-air update to the all-new Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Paperwhite Gen 6 (released in 2013) and newer devices in the coming weeks.
No mention of Alexa, so those rumors appear to be false.

#24  eDP 10-16-2018, 10:10 AM
Quote vrf
I’m glad Amazon didn’t buy into that gimmick.
I think it's a gimmick to the extent that on the Kobos you can make the screen turn bright orange, but as some models of Kindle have quite a cool display temperature it would be nice to be able to warm it up just a little.

#25  Threepwood 10-16-2018, 10:11 AM
Does Audible Support mean it features Immersion Reading?

#26  Sweetpea 10-16-2018, 10:17 AM
Quote Nate the great
and here's the listing on Amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075QRWPPJ

I used the ASIN that JHowell found, and I give him kudos for that
And here the cheapest version:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07741S7Y8

#27  Pjama 10-16-2018, 10:25 AM
It looks like they used the body of the Voyage without the haptic buttons. The edging looks identical. It’s nice, but not exciting for me. I have the Oasis 2 and am quite tempted by the Kobo Forma, so I was waiting to see what the new kindle would be like. I’m not surprised that it is an incremental upgrade. I am quite surprised that they still refuse to use a comfort light system. I imagine they are trying to perfect it to avoid the light issues that have plagued them in the past. It’s likely then that the next Oasis will have a comfort light, and that this feature will be reserved for the top specced model.

I think it’s a good solid upgrade to their top-selling reader and will appeal to its target market. I wasn’t expecting anything very exciting after seeing the giant bezel teaser pic last week.

#28  pdurrant 10-16-2018, 10:26 AM
It looks like a Waterproof Voyage without the buttons.

A nice incremental update. Good for those who don't already have a paperwhite, voyage or oasis.

I suppose the extra storage might appeal to some.

Alas for the Liquavista colour display that now appears to have been abandoned.

#29  Wearever 10-16-2018, 10:34 AM
It looks nice. Extra storage and waterproof, and audible with one extra led. All great for about the same price for the cheapest version. No mention of the battery size yet, just gives a warning about streaming audio will use more battery life. They didn't mention that before on the Oasis. Lol. I hope they kept the same size battery on the Paperwhite. I'll wait for longer term reviews on battery life.

#30  jhowell 10-16-2018, 10:42 AM
Quote Threepwood
Does Audible Support mean it features Immersion Reading?
No mention of that. It is most likely the same support as currently found in the Oasis and Basic models.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (3/31)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register