Mobileread
FREE/BARGAIN — Media Deals (non-eBook/non-audiobook)
#11  AnemicOak 01-02-2016, 09:33 PM
Quote GtrsRGr8
This may be a targeted promotion. They tell me that I don't qualify, but I'm almost certain that I have never taken advantage of such a deal before.
Yeah. I've never done it before either, but am never eligible when the deal comes up.

#12  tubemonkey 01-02-2016, 09:35 PM
Quote GtrsRGr8
This may be a targeted promotion. They tell me that I don't qualify, but I'm almost certain that I have never taken advantage of such a deal before.
Quote AnemicOak
Yeah. I've never done it before either, but am never eligible when the deal comes up.
Could be. I know I've done this once in the past and since then, have never qualified again.

#13  Fbone 01-02-2016, 10:21 PM
I qualify but I don't shop at Amazon except for free ebooks.

#14  GtrsRGr8 01-02-2016, 11:34 PM
Quote Fbone
I qualify but I don't shop at Amazon except for free ebooks.
If it's a targeted thing, maybe that's why you qualify. Maybe Amazon wants to get you spending some money with them, get into the routine, keep spending . . . . Who knows? I know that they, like all successful companies, are constantly looking for things that will increase revenue and/or profit (right now, Jeffrey (Bezos) is not interested in profit, from what I hear. He wants to dominate the retail business in the U.S. (that's straight from him)).

#15  GtrsRGr8 01-02-2016, 11:36 PM
Quote tubemonkey
Could be. I know I've done this once in the past and since then, have never qualified again.
And after all of the audiobook business that you have sent Audible's way!!! What ingratitude! hahaha

#16  booklover6 01-03-2016, 08:44 AM
Quote Conan46
I have two little LG Fuel phones, one in each room that work well as remotes/casting devices. Also have an Acer tablet, and a Moto E (first edition) that work well. Nook HD works only with some apps, its an old version of Android at this point. Amazon is lousy as a remote because they have changed Android so much. Pretty much any phone or tablet with Kit Kat Android and up should work well.
Also Chrome Browser will work, just add the Chromecast extension.
Thank you. My girls wanted to play games or do snap chats using the casting, which is why we tried those tablets. They'll just have to use something else.

#17  library addict 01-03-2016, 10:52 PM
Quote tubemonkey
Free $10 Amazon Credit with $50 Amazon Gift Card Purchase -- exp 31 Jan

If you've done this before, you won't qualify. You'll get this message:

For those who qualify, use this promo code -- 0116GCARDS
Can you use the $50 gift card on your own account or do you have to actually gift it to someone else?

#18  issybird 01-03-2016, 11:40 PM
Quote library addict
Can you use the $50 gift card on your own account or do you have to actually gift it to someone else?
You can use it on your own account.

#19  Barbara1955 01-04-2016, 09:17 PM
HOW? ... OK If I go to the store buy a Gift Card for $50... Amazon adds another $10. OR do I use my son Credit Card to buy Direct from Amazon $50 card to my account to get the $10 ??

#20  Manabi 01-04-2016, 10:37 PM
Quote Katie1
HOW? ... OK If I go to the store buy a Gift Card for $50... Amazon adds another $10. OR do I use my son Credit Card to buy Direct from Amazon $50 card to my account to get the $10 ??
You have to buy the gift card from Amazon directly. What I did was have a $50 gift card shipped to me directly, and then I added the card to my account. As soon as it shipped Amazon applied the $10 credit to my account as a promotional balance.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/233)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register