Mobileread
Page numbering for apple books?
#1  ElliottCaleb 01-20-2021, 06:29 AM
Hello all, I have this problem that's bothered me for days on end.
I am compiling a book of song lyrics in reflowable epub 3 format. Each song is structured like a poem and has its own xhtml file. Each song is therefore a chapter in itself. My target devices are IOS devices and in particular, using the inbuilt Books app. What bugs me is that Books assigns it's own page numbers according to the screen size. What I would prefer is that 1file=1chapter=1song=1page. I prefer this because the songs are also numbered (as you will see in the attached epub) and conflict with the page number. How can I override/guide the Books numbering according to my requirement.

I'm working in Calibre on windows10

Thank you for your time and help.

#2  Doitsu 01-20-2021, 09:53 AM
Quote ElliottCaleb
How can I override/guide the Books numbering according to my requirement.
You'll need to add page break targets to the HTML files and add a page-list section with links to these targets to the Nav document.

#3  ElliottCaleb 01-26-2021, 01:47 PM
Quote ElliottCaleb
Hello all, I have this problem that's bothered me for days on end.
I am compiling a book of song lyrics in reflowable epub 3 format. Each song is structured like a poem and has its own xhtml file. Each song is therefore a chapter in itself. My target devices are IOS devices and in particular, using the inbuilt Books app. What bugs me is that Books assigns it's own page numbers according to the screen size. What I would prefer is that 1file=1chapter=1song=1page. I prefer this because the songs are also numbered (as you will see in the attached epub)192.168.0.1 routerlogin 192.168.l.l
and conflict with the page number. How can I override/guide the Books numbering according to my requirement.

I'm working in Calibre on windows10

Thank you for your time and help.
issue got solvedd

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register