Mobileread
Anyone know why my plugin gets duplicated in the preferences menu/calibre-customize?
#1  OrangeFlavored 05-08-2020, 05:38 AM
Made this very simple plugin here to give me a way to import some metadata into Calibre columns from a KOreader library folder. Seems to work alright for syncing up my read % and last read dates but I noticed that for some reason the plugin appears twice in Calibre's list. (Both the GUI and the calibre-customize -l one)

It doesn't seem to have an effect on its function that I can see, but it makes me feel like I screwed up in configuring it somehow so kinda curious if anyone knows what I did wrong here. Plugin is just a single Python file with the code as shown on that other forum post saved as __init__.py in a folder and imported using calibre-customize -b "C:\Path\To\Folder". Tried removing it a few times but it still gets duplicated when I add it back again...
Untitled.png 

#2  kovidgoyal 05-08-2020, 06:19 AM
Shows up only once for me. I wouldnt worry about it, if it is working.

#3  davidfor 05-08-2020, 07:12 AM
The times I have seen something like that was because of a name change somewhere. I think it was a combination of file and plugin name. Check that there aren't two copies of the plugin in the configuration directory.

#4  OrangeFlavored 05-08-2020, 06:40 PM
Quote davidfor
The times I have seen something like that was because of a name change somewhere. I think it was a combination of file and plugin name. Check that there aren't two copies of the plugin in the configuration directory.
Ahh yeah you're right, checked customize.py.json and there was a duplicate line for my plugin that did not go away when the plugin was removed, getting rid of that manually fixed it.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register