Mobileread
mobi2oeb
#41  llasram 03-19-2009, 01:32 PM
Quote blue223
Thanks! Only thing is, I think my ebook is too long, it's several thousand pages. I left mobi2oeb running for a while, and came back and I got this:

File "reader.py", line 598, in <module>
File "reader.py", line 598, in main
File "reader.py", line 196, in extract_content
File "re.pyo", line 150, in sub

MemoryError

Is my ebook just too long? I'm sooo close to getting this out of mobi format this is the last step left I think!
Could you submit an issue on the calibre trac and attach the book in question? Calibre should be able to extract even very large books, and it's definitely a "bug" if it can't.

#42  ectoplasm 08-25-2009, 10:02 PM
I've finally figured out that mobi2oeb only exists in Calibre 0.59 and earlier. Is there any way to extract mobi's with high compression with version 0.60+?

#43  wallcraft 08-25-2009, 10:33 PM
Quote ectoplasm
I've finally figured out that mobi2oeb only exists in Calibre 0.59 and earlier. Is there any way to extract mobi's with high compression with version 0.60+?
You should be able to use the GUI to do the conversion now. If you want to use the command line, try
Code
ebook-convert title.mobi title_std.mobi
I think this will get you a standard compression version of the MOBI. To get an ePub, use:
Code
ebook-convert title.mobi title.epub
An .epub is just a ZIP of all the ebook's contents. See the manual for other options.

#44  ectoplasm 08-25-2009, 10:42 PM
I was looking for the extracted html and images so I could make some changes, such as turn off full justification, and use Mobipocket Creator to build it again. I didn't test yet, but I assumed epub output would be different from the extracted mobi html?

#45  wallcraft 08-25-2009, 10:52 PM
Quote ectoplasm
I was looking for the extracted html and images so I could make some changes, such as turn off full justification, and use Mobipocket Creator to build it again.
There is an OEB option:
Finally, if output_file has no extension, then it is treated as a directory and an “open ebook” (OEB) consisting of HTML files is written to that directory. These files are the files that would normally have been passed to the output plugin.
The command would be:
Code
ebook-convert title.mobi title_oeb
where title_oeb is a directory (that need not yet exist).

#46  ectoplasm 08-26-2009, 08:27 AM
Thanks! That is exactly what I was looking for. I'll give this a try.

#47  sapient 10-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Quote wallcraft
There is an OEB option: The command would be:
Code
ebook-convert title.mobi title_oeb
where title_oeb is a directory (that need not yet exist).
This is not working for me / any more. I get an error:
No module named site (Error Code: 1)

#48  JSWolf 10-28-2009, 04:08 PM
Try the following....

ebook-convert ebook.mobi .oeb

that should do it.

#49  sapient 10-30-2009, 03:27 PM
thanks, I sorted it out

#50  mor0o0o 12-02-2009, 08:09 AM
i want mobi2oeb download link to use it

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (5/6)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register