Mobileread
Onyx is dumping M90 users like a rock
#1  jian1 12-17-2011, 04:09 PM
for M92, the new firm 1.6.1 is already out, while M90 users are stuck with 1.5.1

#2  pidgeon92 12-17-2011, 07:21 PM
I'm disappointed, but not surprised.

Don't worry, they'll find some way to hose the M92 users as well.

#3  jian1 12-17-2011, 08:39 PM
I've noticed that all my complaining threads had been rated with 1 star only, as a matter of fact, the other "I love M92" "M92 is out" ones got 5 star ratings.. I wonder I wonder.

#4  measure 12-17-2011, 09:38 PM
Please take the following statements as objectively as possible. In no way do I mean any offense, but I feel obligated to make the following remarks, despite the somewhat ironic fact that what I am about to write could be similarly criticized.

1) The thread on the M92 is filled with a remarkable amount of helpful, objective information regarding the device. While I understand your frustration with the M90, you should feel lucky to be in a position where this is such a large complaint. We are privileged to be able to buy such devices. Again, while there are some subjective comments in the thread, for the most part it is filled with information on the device.

2) Your threads contain very little helpful content (which for the most part should be the point of these forums), but instead numerous empty complaints. I say empty in the sense that there is nothing anyone on the forums can do to rectify them. I understand your desire to vent, but at least keep it to one thread (there even seems to exist a thread for this: http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=141939). Opening a thread for each complaint you have makes it harder for people to find the information they're looking for. While it is important to have a history of the issues with the M90 to help others, these remarks should not take up half of the most recent threads.

Though I am new to this forum, I am not new to forums in general. Your behavior would not be considered acceptable on many of the forums I frequent. Feel free to comment back, but I will only respond to civil, thoughtful replies.

Thanks,
Ryan

#5  jian1 12-18-2011, 12:38 AM
Quote measure
Please take the following statements as objectively as possible. In no way do I mean any offense, but I feel obligated to make the following remarks, despite the somewhat ironic fact that what I am about to write could be similarly criticized.

1) The thread on the M92 is filled with a remarkable amount of helpful, objective information regarding the device. While I understand your frustration with the M90, you should feel lucky to be in a position where this is such a large complaint. We are privileged to be able to buy such devices. Again, while there are some subjective comments in the thread, for the most part it is filled with information on the device.

2) Your threads contain very little helpful content (which for the most part should be the point of these forums), but instead numerous empty complaints. I say empty in the sense that there is nothing anyone on the forums can do to rectify them. I understand your desire to vent, but at least keep it to one thread (there even seems to exist a thread for this: http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=141939). Opening a thread for each complaint you have makes it harder for people to find the information they're looking for. While it is important to have a history of the issues with the M90 to help others, these remarks should not take up half of the most recent threads.

Though I am new to this forum, I am not new to forums in general. Your behavior would not be considered acceptable on many of the forums I frequent. Feel free to comment back, but I will only respond to civil, thoughtful replies.

Thanks,
Ryan
I don't quite understand which part of my threads wasn't objective? for each thread it was a separated topic. I had one for freezing PDF, another for SD card related issue, a slow linearized PDF issue, another firmware concerns, one topic concerning the exchanging service, and finally the speaker shield I haven't yet received yet ONYX promised to send me one for fricking 6 months ago!!!!

While on the other hand, there are several SEPARATED topics about "How much I love M92" " M92 had arrived" "1st impression of M92" why not whining like a bitch, and putting them all together as one "M92 related flattering shxt?"

Seriously, when we received a shxitty product, we customers are ENTITLED to rant! To be honest with you, I've never had any device with such a broken firmware yet they shamelessly released it and not fixing it after 6 months, I have been patient enough to let them FIX it, but they failed it miserably and totally ignore M90 users and went on working on M92. If you ever got your hands on a M90, you'll probably understand the frustration we all had.

#6  Stormchild 12-18-2011, 04:11 AM
Quote jian1
I've noticed that all my complaining threads had been rated with 1 star only, as a matter of fact, the other "I love M92" "M92 is out" ones got 5 star ratings.. I wonder I wonder.
I rated your thread with 1 star because of the swearing and bad grammar. Nothing to do with any Onyx staff/fans.
I did not rate the other threads with 5 stars though.

#7  jian1 12-18-2011, 04:54 AM
Quote Stormchild
I rated your thread with 1 star because of the swearing and bad grammar. Nothing to do with any Onyx staff/fans.
I did not rate the other threads with 5 stars though.
If you ever owned an M90, you'd understand why we users have such a potty mouth.

Reading my threads prior to the purchase of M90, see how gentle I was back then.

#8  thomas01155 12-18-2011, 06:10 AM
Yup, there seems to be a lack of updates for both the M90 and M91S. Outstanding issues on the M91S still haven't been fixed that really cripple the usability of the device.
I'm unsure, but most people who post in that manner are either old and still believe they are writing letters or work for a company related.

Kindest regards,
Tom

#9  HarryT 12-18-2011, 06:19 AM
Quote jian1
To be honest with you, I've never had any device with such a broken firmware
You obviously never owned an iRex device, in that case .

I do agree with you. Serious problems do need to be highlighted, and potential buyers made aware of them. I do think, though, that complaints should always be written in a polite and courteous manner. Swearing never achieves anything, and will put many readers off. "Good manners cost nothing", as I was always taught.

#10  HansTWN 12-18-2011, 07:26 AM
Jian1, I for one, have been scared off by the reported problems with the M90 and bought a Kindle DXG on Black Friday rather than give the M92 a chance (even though it does look much better on paper). The missing functionality will be filled by my tablet and the Kindle will just be used as an ereader. So some of us have been taking your and others' complaints seriously, even though you could have presented them in a more polite fashion.

Next »  Last »  (1/7)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register