#1  Crowriver 09-20-2020, 10:57 AM
Max Lumi (Max 3 with front light)
Note Air (slimmer Note with side bezel)
Note 3
Nova 3
Poke 3

https://fccid.io/XR3

#2  Crowriver 09-20-2020, 10:58 AM
Note Air looks interesting, with its side bezel: seems like a nod towards reMarkable 2 and recent Kobo ereaders which have a similar layout (but also have page turn buttons).

I've commented on the Max Lumi in the other thread, but worth repeating here also. The Max Lumi will appeal to many who like a front light, but for me this is a negative. Primarily because it means there will need to be a gap between the screen and the display. I would be concerned about the effect on the writing experience: on my Nova Pro there is an illusion of "lag" between the stylus and the line drawn, but on closer inspection it is the gap between glass and the display. The Nova Pro has a front light.

The other devices just seem like internal upgrades to existing models. Maybe a speed bump, processor update, more RAM/storage?

#3  Pajamaman 09-20-2020, 11:42 AM
Color E Ink Tablet,Color ePaper Tablet
It says all the new models are color. That includes a note and a max. Those are 10" and 12"? That's a game-changer

Edit: the external photos of the screen are B/W. Confused.

#4  Crowriver 09-20-2020, 12:02 PM
Don't think they are colour at all. Just think they filed this so that they have the option of being colour in future iterations? If the technology is developed at larger screen sizes...

#5  ottischwenk 09-20-2020, 01:39 PM
In the user manual of the Nova3 there is something about loudspeaker.
And the Note3 has stereo speakers.
The Noteair is intended for landscape format.
And the Max also has dual speakers.

#6  Crowriver 09-20-2020, 02:07 PM
Quote ottischwenk
The Noteair is intended for landscape format.
Doesn't look like it from looking at the Quick Start Guide.

#7  ottischwenk 09-20-2020, 02:21 PM
Quote Crowriver
Doesn't look like it from looking at the Quick Start Guide.
Look!
NoteAir.jpg 

#8  Crowriver 09-20-2020, 03:07 PM
Well on that evidence then the Max Lumi is also designed for landscape use...
Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 19.04.28.png 

#9  ottischwenk 09-20-2020, 03:21 PM
Quote Crowriver
Well on that evidence then the Max Lumi is also designed for landscape use...
Compare the direction of "BOOX"

#10  norweger 09-20-2020, 08:45 PM
Quote Crowriver
The other devices just seem like internal upgrades to existing models. Maybe a speed bump, processor update, more RAM/storage?
That would be amazing, if it isn't just a tiny bump in speed; the devices now feel like speed bumps (big smiles). But even better than speed, would be a tad higher resolution, but I guess that's too much to hope for. If it's like the Note 2, only better, I'd sure like one. But it would depend on whether it'll be for sale in the next month or two.

Next »  Last »  (1/11)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register