Mobileread
Nook Glowlight Plus has a 7.8" Screen, Will Retail for $199
#1  Nate the great 05-23-2019, 11:47 AM
B&N's next ereader will have a 7.8" screen.

I don't yet have all the info on the Nook Glowlight Plus (B&N sent out the press release, but they have not updated their website), but I can tell you it is waterproof, and has 8GB of storage, a color-shifting frontlight, and also*page turn buttons. And according to the FCC paperwork, it also has a headphone jack, and was tested for Wifi and Bluetooth.

It's going to be in stores next Monday.

The Digital Reader
NOOKphoto.png 

#2  ZodWallop 05-23-2019, 12:51 PM
Quote Nate the great
B&N's next ereader will have a 7.8" screen... it is waterproof, and has 8GB of storage, a color-shifting frontlight, and also*page turn buttons. And according to the FCC paperwork, it also has a headphone jack, and was tested for Wifi and Bluetooth.
That sounds like a very nice device. I'm one that doesn't want a 7.8" screen. But I'll still want to look at the device as I generally really like the design of Nooks.

It's funny they're reusing the Glowlight Plus name.

#3  Calenorn 05-23-2019, 12:59 PM
Quote ZodWallop
It's funny they're reusing the Glowlight Plus name.
It's not funny; it's sad. Why confuse the issue? Are they too cheap to pay for a new trademark?

#4  Calenorn 05-23-2019, 01:00 PM
Also, who submits a press release for a new product without photos? Weird.

#5  issybird 05-23-2019, 01:01 PM
That's a very nice price on a reader that size and it sounds as if it's loaded with all the options as well.

#6  j.p.s 05-23-2019, 01:11 PM
Quote Calenorn
Why confuse the issue?
They made a list of things amazon gets right and another one with things amazon gets wrong. Then the wrong list got put in the things to do stack.

#7  ZodWallop 05-23-2019, 01:46 PM
Quote Calenorn
It's not funny; it's sad. Why confuse the issue? Are they too cheap to pay for a new trademark?
Seriously? The Glowlight Plus is the place to take a stand? The iPad, Microsoft Surface, Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Oasis names are used repeatedly for different products. But Glowlight Plus is where it becomes sad?

#8  Nate the great 05-23-2019, 01:47 PM
Quote Calenorn
Also, who submits a press release for a new product without photos? Weird.
It's _still_ not on their site.

#9  Calenorn 05-23-2019, 02:32 PM
Quote ZodWallop
Seriously? The Glowlight Plus is the place to take a stand? The iPad, Microsoft Surface, Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Oasis names are used repeatedly for different products. But Glowlight Plus is where it becomes sad?
As a veteran NOOK user, yes, it makes me sad. YMMV

#10  Calenorn 05-23-2019, 02:33 PM
Quote Nate the great
It's _still_ not on their site.
A marketing juggernaut, these guys.

Next »  Last »  (1/27)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register